1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone want Emoji? Now available in Japan!

Last Updated:

1. Ravlen

Ravlen Member This Topic's Starter

Softbank Japan has just released an sms/mms app that allows sending and receiving emoji! I just tested with my wife's iphone, and I could send emoji fine with my HTC Desire (Softbank x06HT), and I could receive it fine! A big selection of emoji too, maybe the complete set that Softbank usually includes on their other phones.

It is buggy and a bit clunky, but it's a *lot* better than nothing! Lots of complaining in the comments section, but I don't think it's that bad.

Now, the big question: Is it available in other markets? I'm in Japan right now, and I searched for "Softbank" in the market and I found it... It's called "Softbank メール". The link that they sent me in a news SMS is: "http://market.android.com/search?q=jp.softbank.mb.mail". They also say it is Froyo only...

Lastly, for those who have been in Japan a while and have an @softbank.ne.jp or @x.vodafone.ne.jp (like me) can now use those mails on their phones as well, inside the app. I sent myself a message and received it fine, and when I replied it sent from my old vodafone mail address (although I haven't figured out how to choose between SMS and e-mail for sending yet). EDIT: Figured it out, just type in a phone number (or choose from contacts) to send an SMS, type in an e-mail address to send from your @softbank or @vodafone address. Sweeeeeet.

I'll see if I can post the full message, for those who can read Japanese (I can't read very much of it, only hiragana/katakana).

Ravlen

Advertisement
  2. Ravlen

Ravlen Member This Topic's Starter

Here's the News SMS they sent me:

<ソフトバンクより>

「SoftBank X06HT」において、専用アプリをインストールしていただくことにより、S!メール(MMS)がご利用可能となりました。

「○○○@softbank.ne.jp」のメールアドレスがご利用できるほか、絵文字の送受信も可能となります。

専用アプリ【SoftBankメール】を下記URLよりインストールしてご利用ください。
    http://market.android.com/search?q=jp.softbank.mb.mail

※本アプリは、Android2.2対応となります。ソフトウェアアップデートの後、ダウンロードが可能です。

Android2.2の詳細はこちら
    HTC Desire SoftBank X06HTII

3. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

I hate to dig up old threads from the past..
    But, I'm looking for emoji and can find nothing.

Any one find anything new?