Anyone want to help me testdrive "Trip Journal"?General

Last Updated:

1. krillo

krillo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been trying out Trip Journal by iQapps for a few days and have had quite a lot of problems with it. Some pertains to the GPS and some to photo taking.

To summarize, Trip Journal is a piece of software that is like a travel diary. I uses the GPS to plot your trips by adding way points which you can attach pictures and notes to. You can export the trips to Facebook or to Google earth so friends can follow your trip.

It is very promising, the company won a $100K price from Google for their app, yet I find it very frustrating to work on the Galaxy S. It mainly has to do with the photo recording although it also seems to display GPS problems that is more of the run of the mill Galaxy S problem I guess.

I have had some discussion with the manufacturer support about the problems with taking pictures, basically the pictures don't get recorded by the app (but does end up on the harddrive). The manufacturer blames the memory management on my phone and of the free space. Problem is, I sometimes start the app up with 150+ Mb free memory but still have problems.
    You can follow the discussion here Photos taken not recorded by TripJournal Trip Journal Community.

I was just curious to see if anyone else felt like trying it out and seeing if we all have the same issues. What to look out for is if the pictures get recorded for the app consistently. Sometimes it works, mostly it does not. If everyone else has the same problems it would be interesting to know. The software looks really promising so I want it to work out.

Advertisement
  2. krillo

Get the trial from Mobihand by scanning here

[​IMG]

3. paarun

paarun Member

hi..i have noticed designs posted like krillo in many of the android sites. what exactly are they and how can they be used?

4. krillo

They are matrix codes which you scan with softwares such as Neo reader, they take you to download links and websites.

5. krillo

nevermind, the payapp is much more stable