anyone want to root my droid for me?

Last Updated:

1. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really want to, am computer saavy, just not with linux, and I dont trust myself....Anyone wanna help? PM me if you want.

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Hey buddy...my suggestion would be to go to alldroid.org

I knew nothing bout linux and after reading up I was able to root no problemo. Check out dmupdater which is a program that roots and installs a custom ROM on your phone with lots of options!

3. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

4. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

Mail it to me, I'll do it for ya..

You can trust me.. ;)

5. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Member

if you put a location in your profile. then maybe someone local would help you out. If you were local to me I would.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

you can mail it to me and I would sell it on ebay....I mean I would root it for you

7. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

8. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

For me a least, there is more of a rush in the actual rooting process then in the end result. Take your time, follow the steps, and you will be just fine. At least if you have a later on with your rooted phone, you will have the confidence to fix it. Rooting is only the first step in the process. You will also have the confidence to tweak and customize your phone the way you like it.

9. aclos3

aclos3 Active Member

Root is very simple, the application of the custom recover console and the creation of nandroid backups (and applying them) is tougher. Installing an actual ROM is more involved as well. DM updater will do these things for you, but I found "Droidreview's" youtube instruction videos to be very educational and they will teach you more about what is going on than just letting an app do the work for you. Some of the instructions will differ slightly if you are appling a xxxxxx.rom.tgz file rather than expanding your own. By the time you get to that stage you'll know what I mean.

I had no root or linux knowledge and rooted yesterday. I applied SPRecovery, tried out a couple of roms, overclocked, reapplied my 2.0.1 backup, and then full wiped the phone all the way back to stock as if I'd just purchased it. Cool stuff!

Live wall papers, 2.1 launcher and 2.1 media dock were my favorites. I didn't notice a smoother experience though, even with the phone overclocked to 800Mhz. I had quite a few force closes and 5-6 restarts. I believe I would have better luck now since I had not performed any full wipes between ROMs.

10. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member