• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone whos manually updated to 4.0.4 on GSM

I gues you are - the factory images from Google are here Factory Images for Nexus Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code
download the IMM76D and extract to a temp folder (note: if you are on Windows 7 it is likely that Win will rename the file from .tgz to .rar automatically - if you end up with the .tar extension don't extract before you rename the file to .tgz as the result would no readable file content). Once you extracted the file you need to push two image files (bootloader.img and radio.img followed by a zip file [in that order] - if you need detailed instruction let me know). At the end you'll end up with a clean factory install of the entire factory ROM rather than just an OTA update.

Upvote 0
i did it on my own too, here is the guide that tells you step by step.
this guide is about changing from yakjuux (canadian version) to yakju, but the steps involved are the same for any version changes that you want to flash through.
make sure you download IMM76D and NOT the ICL53F
you can get it at code.google.com and search for galaxy nexus.
it takes about 5 minutes if you have all the programs installed, make sure you back everything up because the process will wipe your phone clear..

Reactions: ATOJAR
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones