• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone with a 7" tab considering this keyboard/case combo for $26?

My Archos 70 should be here in a few days. I was looking to see what BT keyboards are out there, and I saw this usb keyboard/case combo for $26 that could be worth a shot. I don't care about BT or losing the USB. Just seems convinient and still slimmer than those 9" netbooks out there. I only wish the reviews were reviews. The site seems to take reviews as the Q/A area and assign ratings to them. I posted about that, and of course they didn't let it stay.
12834955060.jpg

Well I wish I could give you one, but I returned my A70. Just wasn't enough of an upgrade over my epic. From a purely aesthetic point of view, it's a nice case. Black leather-like pleather with white stitching and well made. The keyboard in regard to feel felt as nice as the 8.9" netbook keyboards I've played with in the past. Whether that's good or bad is up to you. I can type 80-85 words per minute, and from just ptying on the keyboard. Could feel my hands adjust to the smaller size. I think I'd be around the 50-70% mark when it comes to speed.

The part that holds the device is a fixed plastic clip so I couldn't tell how it was going to fit the 70 (or galaxy for that matter). There is some give in the clips so I'd bet it would hold a few different ones.

Upvote 0
My Archos 70 should be here in a few days. I was looking to see what BT keyboards are out there, and I saw this usb keyboard/case combo for $26 that could be worth a shot. I don't care about BT or losing the USB. Just seems convinient and still slimmer than those 9" netbooks out there. I only wish the reviews were reviews. The site seems to take reviews as the Q/A area and assign ratings to them. I posted about that, and of course they didn't let it stay.
12834955060.jpg

I ordered one of these from EUOGO for ~ $15, (plus $20 shipping!) when it came up in a google search for a case. The keyboard comes with either a standard or a mini USB cable, so you have to get an adapter. I've purchased 3 different adapters now, and the keyboard doesn't work with any of them. I wrote EUOGO, and they said the fine print said it may not work with the Archos. Nice. Especially since they are marketing it as a product *for* the Archos. I'm going to go to Radio Shark this afternoon and see if they have something that will get it to work, it may just be the cheap connectors. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, the case is a good fit and those little clip things are bendable so your Archos stays put.

Upvote 0
So, I posted earlier about the keyboard tablet not working with the Archos 70 IT. Radio Shack could not help me, either. I googled around and found a reference to a USB Host cable. It looks like the Archos requires a host cable to act as a host to USB devices such as cameras and keyboards and stuff. So..... I'm awaiting a host USB cable. I sure hope it works. Am envious of other devices where the keyboard worked right out of the box :rolleyes:. I guess that's what the extra $350 gets you :D.

It might be worth looking into if your tablet doesn't work with the keyboard.

Upvote 0
The case is pretty rigid. I am unable to bend it with a hand on each side of the keyboard. And, at least for the Archos, there is a slight ridge around the edges of the tablet. I suppose if you stood on it there would be a possibility that the keyboard could touch the screen, but I carry it around in my pocketbook and it's been ok so far. I do plan on putting a screen protector on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones