Anyone with a good word for me?Support

Last Updated:

1. danepawll

danepawll Member This Topic's Starter

Well, my issue is the 100% run time on the evo. My awake and run time are still the same. I have done 2 factory resets and followed the other settings from the battery threads. The first reset lasted about 8 hours before the phone rebooted and started back to awake and run times being the same. This last time it was about 4 hours. I did not install any apps before the time started being the same again.

So, my question is............does it hurt the phone to run 100% of the time, Awake time and Run time being the same? If it does not hurt the phone, I will just buy a backup battery and live with it. If, on the other hand, I am hurting the phone for the long term, I must find a solution.

One other thing, when I did my factory reset I used "MyBackup". It worked great. When I restored, it also restored my settings. Could this be part of the issue? If I had bad settings before the reset and then it restored those settings, could that cause my problem all over again?

Just a little lost and looking for directions. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Paul

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

your battery life must be really bad if 100% awake time. Less than 8 hrs before dead?
    it makes for a unreliable emergency phone device.

i would think it also have some bad affects to your phone.. phone is warmer than needed. wear and tear on electronic parts.

my guess is.. your backup MIGHT be resetting your bad settings. You might try the fixes again.. and not doing the backup thing... see if it helps.

if you can not fix this. maybe a bad phone.. get a replacement on warranty.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

yes it could. did you re-install all of your apps at one time, or one at a time.....that could also cause issues.