• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone with an EVO try tethering vita PDANet?

If youre referring to pdanet its going to give you a trial period. After a certain amount of time its going to stop working and youll have to buy it.

no, pda net is free for unsecure sites, for secure you must upgrade to the pro or paid version.

the free version does not expire.

BWinc said:
PDANet + EVO + PC ≠ $30?

Correct

BWinc said:
...internet sharing via wired tethering is free in both 3G and 4G network?

not quite, you wont use the internet sharig feature on the phone, leave that setting to charge only, you will also have to turn on the debugging (at least for PDAnet)

Upvote 0
I purchased PDANet a few weeks ago. Works fine for me. A small price to pay for tethering as far as I am concerned. FYI, I decided to try WiFi with it...pointless I know.

I switched the WiFi off on my laptop, initialized PDANet on both sides and verified it was working. So, why not try WiFi. I turned it on on the EVO and voila, it worked. I know it was functioning because the 3G symbol disappeared and my speed tests jumped from about 1.8-2.2mb down to 12+mb down.

Useless but worth trying anyway. PDANet is pretty snappy, no lag that I can detect through my laptop connection.

Upvote 0
i can get the stock froyo USB internet sharing to work fine if the phone is conected to a wiresless network... over 3G it doesnt work.... now, if i had a wireless signal close, i can just use my laptop anyways... what gives? so i guess this only works for PCs without a wireless adapter...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones