Anyone with dead pixels able to exchange theirs successfully?General

Last Updated:

1. SudoSub

SudoSub Member This Topic's Starter

I called customer support and they said that if they review the screen upon arrival and it does not seem "impairing" they will charge me!!!!!!! There is one devilish little red pixel in the middle of the screen that sticks out like a sore thumb on white backgrounds.

Anyone have any experience with this? Should I do this or just live with it and not chance getting charged for it?

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

That sucks.

Try a local store?

3. SudoSub

I ordered mine online because I am not in a 3G area so I dont think they could do much for me at my local TMO store =/

4. Phases

You sure? I'm not with T-M so I dunno how they roll, but for Verizon it doesn't matter. It's the same company that sold me the phone, I go back and forth between online/phone/store regularly.

5. SudoSub

I will stop by later, I am pretty sure they will tell me to call customer support though heh.

6. SudoSub

Thank you that is excellent information!

7. Kael29

Kael29 Active Member

Additionally, if you're still within the 30days (I'm gonna take a guess and say you are, considering the release date) - just tell them that if they don't exchange it, you're going to utilize your 30-day guarantee to cancel. Regardless of what they say, you should be able to return the phone anyways and/or exchange it in that window. If you're unsatisified with the one they sent you, do so.

8. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

well considering you say its RED.. it means the pixel is alive.. not dead.. sounds like its a stuck pixel to me. those are normally fixable if you want to give it a shot btw, but as soon as you tell someone its a "dead pixel".. its gg. its dead.

9. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

is it so weird that you are posting so much considering you dont have a G1.. everything you refer back to is your verizon phone. LOL. are you secretly a verizon rep trying to get people to change slowly or something.

10. Phases

?

You referring to me?

11. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

mmm yes. my poor mouse clicking ability made me miss the quote button. When will be expecting you to get your android-on.

12. Phases

I've mentioned my phone a few times, when relevant. I don't have a G1 because - well, it's explained in one of the other threads you clearly have seen. It also mentions when I plan to get a G1.

I post so much because I admin the site.

13. Alarictric

Alarictric Member

i just posted this on another thread, but then found this one and thought id post it again here:

there is a program called Strobe or something somewhere on the market. its meant to just be a toy, but there are pixel exercising programs for computers that basically do the same thing, they a bunch of colors across the screen to try to wake up dead pixels. like i said, the program wasnt designed for it, and even the ones that are dont always work, but give it a shot sometime. try letting the program run overnight

good luck