Anyone wonder why the camera sticks out? My conspiracy theory...General

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

Anyone think the reason is because HTC expects many people to get an extended battery with the larger back case? One that will probably extend enough so that the camera sits flush and is better protected?

Advertisement
  2. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i kinda doubt it. they wanted the phone to be thin and compact, but the camera is just big. look at the video that was floating around showing the phone's internals, the camera is just big.

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Room was needed for the lens and camera guts, that's why it sticks out. What gets me is, why NOT put a little bigger battery in there from the original design? Better phone life, better lens protection, and still not making much difference to thickness. I believe that when the phones thickness is given, it from the thickest part of the phone, so having a super-thin body with a big lens sticking out doesn't make it any thinner, at least on paper. And people want better battery life, too. Seems they missed a lot of points when making the body design.

4. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

the incredible is not the only phone that has the camera lens sticking out. the eris, HD2, and the Evo 4G are all the same way.

5. dogshmog

dogshmog Member

Actually the camera doesn't stick out at all. It's just a stupid decorative ring that sticks out. I'm actually a little upset about this because the other day I looked at the back of my phone (which I take very good care of) and noticed the glass inside the red ring had fallen in about 1.5mm on one edge. I took the phone out of the VZW red/black gradient case (which keeps the camera off the ring as it is) took the battery cover off and used the edge of a micro sd card to pry the ring off the back of the camera. As it turns out, the ring is held in place by sticky tape, and the glass sits in the ring with MORE sticky tape and it totally unsupported. I pressed the glass back in the ring, reapplied the tape and stuck the ring back on the back of the camera. It stayed like that for half of a day and fell back in the ring. I contacted HTC today and get a repair line phone # which I am going to try to contact on monday, to acquire a replacement ring/glass assembly. If I get a new one, I am placing an Oring under the glass to keep it from falling out of the ring again. As the phones age a little bit, I'm sure this will become more of an issue for people. If they had made the ring a little more low profile it would've been nice, since the camera itself is actually lower than the edge of the battery cover... but whatever! Can't have everything I guess.

6. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

No.

7. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

weight I would guess