Anyone's alarm not going off?Support

Last Updated:

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My alarm which I rely upon to get up in the morning isn't consistent. Do I need to set it on "desktop" to make it work?

Advertisement
  2. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

Mine's set on 6AM as a 5 day alarm and has worked fine so far in its default location.

3. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure mine didnt go off this morning either...woke up 25 min. late. This is the 2nd time it has happened...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. wtf???

4. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

People have reported all kinds of issues with the Sense alarm clock. Personally I have had no issues (although I rarely use the alarm clock).

Make certain your alarm volume is on (go to the select alarm sound in an alarm and volume up).

EDIT:
    AudioManager is a great way to keep tabs on volume levels (assuming that's the issue): http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-smartandroidapps-audiowidget-wnq.aspx

Also, I have heard speculation that certain apps may interfere with the alarm clock, but haven't looked into it too much.

5. bowerman

bowerman Guest

If your using a task killer, make sure its not "killing" your alarm... Task killers are usually the cause for alarms not working!

jerksmile likes this.
  6. redworm

redworm Active Member

SAME THING! First few days the alarm refused to go off. However this morning it did go off? WTF? Are we that tired from playing with our phones until dawn that we simply sleep through it? LOL

7. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

there are 3 alarms well alarm 1 wouldn't go off so i just switched to alarm 2 and changed it to the appropriate time and it worked. not sure why this worked, maybe i did use a task killer and killed it. i'm gonna lay off killing tasks however i do like the called system monitor or system something it lets me see how much memory processes are using and the clock speed my cpu is running at.

8. Millwright1607

Millwright1607 Member

I have mine set for 7 days a week and it is inconsistent when it works. I use task killer, so I will pay more attention to that and look at the sound levels.

9. whiteacre

whiteacre Member

"Bedside" program does a great job if you charge the phone overnight - dim large-numbered clock, alarm can be any mp3 you choose, and it goes off on schedule with an time setable snooze button. I have no connection with the author, but it is a great program

sail4fun201 likes this.
  10. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Mine's not going off right now, but it's set for 7:30AM, which it has been going off at every morning for the past 3 mornings...

11. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Works flawlessly on my Incredible and my Eris. It is either a conflict with another program or user error.

12. Sasquatch

I really don't think it's user error..it's pretty easy to use...maybe I'm task killing it? I'm going to try the bedtime thing tonight as the display never sleeps.

13. myers6mm

myers6mm Guest

Yeah, I learned after the first night to uncheck "Clock" from "Advanced Task Killer". It's worked perfect since!

14. floorit

floorit Well-Known Member

mine doesn't work either! woken up late a few times because of it. i even tried setting 3 alarms in a row hoping one would work, none did. but i'll try the taskkiller idea of making sure clock isn't checked.

15. Sasquatch

myers...that is exactly what was happening, I figured it out...I was having ATK killing everything (including itself). I just reset my alarm which relaunched my clock. When I then launched ATK, I just had it ignore clock (but still kill itself). A couple test runs show that it is leaving the clock alone.

16. mochapenguin

mochapenguin Member

Same here, I have a M-F 6:15 alarm, worked fine yesterday but didn't go off today. I do use ATK so I bet that's it. Gonna set a backup just in case, but that makes sense. Thanks for the tip.

17. R0llTide

R0llTide Well-Known Member

Same here for me. I have not had problems with the alarm app.

18. pncntigger

pncntigger Member

I had problems with my G1 back in the day and my INC didn't go off this morning either. Reboot phone and will hope it works tomorrow lol

19. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Glad I could help! :p

20. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

I solved it for me.

Thats too funny I thought i thought i was the only one. The first few mornings when i woke up late it just caused me to have to rush around. But this morning i was an hour late to work because of it so i decided i'm figuring out what's wrong.

It turns out the clock runs as a separate app and ATK was killing it on me. I have ATK set to auto kill every hour and so I would check the alarm when I went to bed but an hour later the clock app would get shut off by ATK and in turn the alarm wouldn't work.

I added the clock to Advanced Task Killer's "ignore list" today. I then test it several times and the problem was solved.

Hope this helps you too.

21. ac29593

ac29593 Well-Known Member

Yes, make sure to long press the clock and add it to the ignore list in the task killer. Simply checking the clock is not enough, since if it is idle for a certain period of time (I heard somewhere 8 hours) the task killer will kill it anyway.

22. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Almost 90% of the people having alarm clock issues are because of a task killer, it is NOT sense's fault that your task killer is killing everything.

23. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

u r most likely killing it. i had the same problem then realized that i was killing the Clock and it screws it up. just put CLOCK in the ignore list and it will work fine.

24. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

I also put the clock on ignore in task killer, but someone else also said to let your phone go to "sleep" on its own as well, don't force the screen to sleep. Don't know if that also contributes or not.

25. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

mine did not work the first day but it does now. I also use the night mode