Anyones phone sending texts by itself...other than mine?Support

Last Updated:

1. taylor6400

taylor6400 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone sends texts by itself...it will resend texts randomly to people i had sent them too already. Has happened about 6 times. Just this morning i turned my phone off when i get to work to charge it and turn it on...and i show i sent a text to my gf at 12:09pm...its now only 9:25AM. WTF? Its always force closing as well. What the heck is going on?

Advertisement
  2. richb82

richb82 Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me after I rooted, don't think it happened prior to that. Only happened to like 2 people though that I know of. I don't think it's happened since a few days ago though, and I turn my phone off every night. However, I do only have one thread in there between my wife and I. I make sure to keep everything else deleted just in case this were to try and happen again.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Wow, that's a kick in the jimmy. Try Menu > Applications > Manage Applications > Messages > Clear Data and Clear Cache

You may lose some previous texts and possibly some other messages but I'm guessing you're willing to roll the dice to avoid sending unwanted texts. May be worth a shot if you're interested.

4. taylor6400

taylor6400 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well...i was getting a ton of force closes and then the random texts sending themselves so i did a hard reset last night...first time i open the message app boom force close. Nice. Its been ok since that...but for some reason i cant get swype back.