Anything Worthwhile in the "Tegra Zone"?General

Last Updated:

1. mdgreek

mdgreek Member

Has anybody found anything worth seeing/having in the "Tegra Zone" app?
    Looks like overpriced fluff to me so far!:confused:

2. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Totally not true. The Tegra-optimized games like Dark Meadow and Shadowgun are lightyears ahead of "standard" Android games. You compare Shadowgun to Shadowgun THD, and you'll see the difference.
    mdgreek likes this.
  3. mdgreek

mdgreek Member

So those are the best two you've found? Exactly why I am looking for suggestions - thanks! :)
  4. mdgreek

mdgreek Member

Anyone else have any favorites?
  5. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

Samurai II: Vengeance THD is a great little game, very fluid with no issues. :) Nice gore level too. ;p
    mdgreek likes this.
  6. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

well there is always GTA3, great nostalgic fun with this one, and great to play with a ps3 controller.

Plus Max Payne will be launched in a few weeks (hopefully, been delayed a couple of times in the last few weeks...) and I really cant see that not supporting the prime, given their nvidia connections for android.
    mdgreek likes this.
  7. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

2 great games are 9mm and backstab.
    mdgreek likes this.
  8. JAy3001

9mm is pretty good. Although I had crash issues with explosions on the last level, but once past that section all was good. I would not mind trying Back Stab, any good?
  9. mdgreek

mdgreek Member

Great input -thanks everyone!

Additional Question - What do you use for a controller (on-screen, PS, etc)? And how do you connect? (sorry - again I am new to all of this :eek:)
  10. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

on screen for some games, (dark meadow, riptide, demolition inc)

I use a PS3 controller hooked up to the dock through a USB cable for things like GTA3 and Shadowgun. USB controllers like a PS3 controller are supported by default in those 2 games for example.

Pretty much any USB controller (and some over bluetooth after some config with the right programs) should work for the games that are coded for them.
  11. actechnician

actechnician New Member

Gametel works good over blutooth
  12. Snake X

Snake X Well-Known Member

Fruit ninja THD is a good game :p

Just don't buy it the free version has more features than the paid version :eek:

It hasn't been updated in a year but it's still fun to play :thumbup:
  13. JAy3001

I struggle to see any difference between the non-thd and the thd version of Fruit Ninja! :rolleyes:
  14. mdgreek

mdgreek Member

What's everyone's current favorite Tegra Zone game?
    Or is there something you prefer from "outside the zone"?
  15. JAy3001

Nova 3 - Outside of the Tegra Zone,
    Heros Call THD - Inside of Tegra Zone.
    mdgreek likes this.
  16. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

Happened to look at this today and Shadowgun THD is currently 76p in the UK version of the Play store (although it still shows as full price in the Tegra Zone app).

In fact it appears that all the Madfinger games are that price at the moment, including Samurai II (both THD and non-THD) and Dead Trigger.
    mdgreek likes this.
  17. Corootai

Corootai Well-Known Member

i like the new nvida app that gives you gaming news and tech news. but also picks and new games that are powered by the tegra chipsets from the tegra zone. stuff like Sonic 4 espoide 2,dead trigger,shadowgun thd and whatnot. there's a few lesser known games in there like "demon's score" by square enix it's a mixture of a music,action and a few other games blended nicely with the awesome music square is known for.
  18. dierna

dierna Well-Known Member

My kids are enjoying Beach Buggy Blast right now. I suck at it, but they're having fun with it ;)
  19. JAy3001

Here is one for you lot. I had been keeping an eye on a pirate based game in the tegra zone which was due out (I think) the 2nd quarter of 2012 - late by anyone's standards. Now here is the issue, I cannot remember the name of the game and it has disappeared from the zone!?

Anyone remember the name of the game and where it disappeared too? Maybe I was just dreaming it. :)