1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

Anything you don't like about the EVO's looks? (Browse All)

Last Updated:

1. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Was thinking about this last night. I'm not a huge fan of the buttons. I like that they're touch sensitive, but don't really like the way they look. They remind me early iPods (didn't have a good experience with those).

[​IMG]

A very minor thing, and certainly not enough for me to not get the phone, but I like the looks of the HD2s physical buttons better. :eek:

I'd also LOVE to see all of the red in the pre-production phones replaced with yellow. Represent!

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I much prefer the looks of the EVO buttons and supposedly the touch response is much improved over phones like the N1

3. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get why physical buttons aren't used anymore. I really like being able to use my phone with gloves on (answering a call outside with gloves on is a pain on touch phones like my Touch Pro). After they solved the whole issue of EVERY BUTTON TURNS THE PHONE ON so that only the power button does, it had been really nice.

I think it would be great to have the red speaker grille like the pre-production versions, but silver doesn't look bad either. I do like the more flat back that the EVO has in comparison to the incredible.

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

+1 on the buttons but living in Miami I won't have the glove problem...I just prefer physical buttons.

5. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member

I prefer the back of the HD2

6. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

talz u very well can use this phone with gloves with a stylus with your finger. it has a new type of touch sensor that allows this

7. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

This fellow here is correct.

...If android supports that feature.

YouTube - Atmel TechTalk: maXTouch introduction

8. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

... why would htc put it in both of there new android phones if it didnt work?

9. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

+1.

The metal back is slick and it looks durable. The whole thing is a little thinner too but I imagine the different guts required rearrangement.

10. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Oh, so the Evo and Incredible can track unlimited things at one time, too? Are they able to sense proximity and turn their screens on when my hand goes near them? (Actually, I would really, really love that.)

As for the original intent of the topic: I dunno. It's pretty sweet. I could use a tiny bit less bezel on top (since it has a little more than the HD2). That's an absolutely tiny complaint, though, and I'm not bothered at all by it. In the past, I didn't really like the circles around the buttons on the bottom, but I don't mind them much, now. I would still prefer it if they weren't there, but I don't think that that's going to happen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(ignore the lazy photoshopping.)

kritzell likes this.
  11. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

I really dislike the wallpaper on the homescreen they are using in promo photos.

Could you be more boring?

Put something on there thats colorful and is going to make it pop.

Otherwise, I think the phone is perfect. I just want to get a 3rd party backplate that covers the kickstand, it ruins the aesthetic of the phone for me.

Matthew K likes this.
  12. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

THAT is what I'm talking about. Looks a million times better.

13. acp

acp Well-Known Member

What part did you photoshop?

I don't know if it's the way that guy is holding the Evo or if he has huge hands, but it looks relatively small in that picture, which is not the impression I got at all holding the HD2.

I'm not too excited about the size of this phone, I would prefer the size of the Samsung Galaxy with a 4.0in screen, but like everyone else said this is just a minor complaint and since this is the best phone coming out on Sprint (or any other carrier), the size is not going to be an issue.

14. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

Early release Rom builds are incomplete, pretty sure that thing didn't hve any nice wallpapers yet or live wallpaper support since the ROM wasn't finished but I agree I will NOT be using the carbon fiber background.

15. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

I think he Photo shopped the circles around the buttons? If so I agree with you it's fugliest thing I've ever seen. Sorry about the double post.

16. jonorjonathan

jonorjonathan Well-Known Member

i'm not a fan of the red accents honestly. i'd rather those be silver... or if there is a white option like rumored i'd hope it would have a different colored accent for those of us who do not enjoy ferrari red.

Matthew K likes this.
  17. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

I agree.

I also agree the image above looks better.

18. Shoemeister

Shoemeister Well-Known Member

I'll admit, those buttons do look much cleaner without the circles. But that's a minor nitpick. Nothing in particular really bothers me about this phone. Other than the obvious features and capabilities, a thing that set me over the edge with this phone is its sleek, gorgeous looks: very little bezel, no trackpad, smooth back, minor accents.

Very clean and sharp. Can't find much wrong!

19. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

wait so what this video is saying is that in the winter when i have gloves on and someone calls i don't have to take them off to answer?????
    so this is really a multi-touch resistive screen??? i don't get how it's capacitive if it doesn't rely on current and capacitivity to locate touch position... either way i'm all for it, that video just blew my mind away!!!!!

as for the phone looks, i really agree with the circles gone on hte buttons. looks much better, i love the red accents on the other hand though, and i think the kickstand looks nice as well, not many complaints and much looking forward to it

20. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

They used the fall live wallpaper at CTIA.

21. acp

acp Well-Known Member

good call, I forgot about the white circles.

22. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

I'm surprised other people agree with me--another Evo-loving friend of mine doesn't mind them. I honestly vastly prefer the phone without them. Also, I prefer the red accents (black/red is my favorite color combination), and I love the kickstand. ...While we're making our opinions known, anyway.

And as for wallpapers: I don't like the fall wallpaper at all--it's completely out of place. The carbon fiber may not be pretty, but it at least fits in. I'll be using the Nexus, kthx.

Covert: It appears that way. Hopefully it's actually implemented.

23. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

The new touch screen looks quite amazing! I just wonder if their filtering of 'unintended touches' will keep the phone from pocket dialing. That was one advantage of capacitive screens before, they wouldn't react to things in your pocket, and would mainly only work with skin contact.

The EVO is looking more and more enticing every day:D

24. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

I don't like the protruding camera, I wish it was flush with the device.

Also lets not get too excited about Atmel as nothing has been officially announced.

25. corrado7

corrado7 Member

Im concerned that the kickstand will become loose over time