• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Anything

Can't wait!

I recently pulled my F3 out of storage. ATM I'm using Sandix's Advanced v8 ROM on it. I don't have it activated now, but I might do a trial run next week to see how it holds up. I'm kind of spoiled with the speed and features of my Tribute (HD voice, fast LTE, snappy graphics etc.), but the F3 isn't too shabby by comparison. Even now, the F3 can still hold its own vs newer models, esp. if rooted.

Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0
Just wondering does the battery life get better with the a rom or is it really a crappy battery or both because im stock rooted and i either need a new battery or a new os

It is better with the AdvancedStock ROM, as a lot of the unnecessary bloat is kept out. I'm assuming that's the ROM you're referring to. You'd have to try it out for a few days to see if there's any difference. If you're constantly using and recharging more than 2 or 3 times a day, then it's most likely the battery.

Upvote 0
It is better with the AdvancedStock ROM, as a lot of the unnecessary bloat is kept out. I'm assuming that's the ROM you're referring to. You'd have to try it out for a few days to see if there's any difference. If you're constantly using and recharging more than 2 or 3 times a day, then it's most likely the battery.
I really don't think there's going to be battery drain I have a battery saver on mine ROM last a bout two days but always in use to like a day of full use and as far as bloating u can use mini gapps that helps toobplus I keep GPS off I have very limited Google apps

Upvote 0
I really don't think there's going to be battery drain I have a battery saver on mine ROM last a bout two days but always in use to like a day of full use and as far as bloating u can use mini gapps that helps toobplus I keep GPS off I have very limited Google apps

I use greenify + donation package (but no xposed) on my phone, as I have a lot of apps I like to use on the F3. I'm not constantly on my phone... use around 25-60% during a typical 16 hour day. (The 60% end includes gaming and streaming video via chromecast.) I top up, but not more than twice a day (aside from bedtime charging). If I didn't have greenify, I'd probably go through 70% or more. I also have the built in power saver turned on, to kick in at 20%.

Anyway... any devs working on this phone have any idea as to when KitKat is coming to this phone? I've noticed some phones out there lately that have similar specs to this phone running KK.

Upvote 0
I use greenify + donation package (but no xposed) on my phone, as I have a lot of apps I like to use on the F3. I'm not constantly on my phone... use around 25-60% during a typical 16 hour day. (The 60% end includes gaming and streaming video via chromecast.) I top up, but not more than twice a day (aside from bedtime charging). If I didn't have greenify, I'd probably go through 70% or more. I also have the built in power saver turned on, to kick in at 20%.

Anyway... any devs working on this phone have any idea as to when KitKat is coming to this phone? I've noticed some phones out there lately that have similar specs to this phone running KK.
Well KitKat should come out soon don't wana reveal info I will leave that up too phenomenon too do so

Upvote 0
Well it was ready but an issue has come up with radio causing massive battery drain. Looking for a fix. Then I forgot about GPS so I'll have to get that working too. I do have a build uploaded to my basket build profile if you guys want to try it out but it has the issues mentioned above. If the issues are fixed then it's enough for an alpha.

Edit:

Quoted the wrong post.

Upvote 0
Well it was ready but an issue has come up with radio causing massive battery drain. Looking for a fix. Then I forgot about GPS so I'll have to get that working too. I do have a build uploaded to my basket build profile if you guys want to try it out but it has the issues mentioned above. If the issues are fixed then it's enough for an alpha.

Edit:

Quoted the wrong post.

How long should I let it sit on the LG Logo before getting worried?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones