1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Anyway to change answer call lock screen?

1. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Is it possible to change the answer call lockscreen from the original slide down bar? I am using the vanilla lockscreen but I still get the HTC lockscreen when answering calls and this causes these calls to be answered/rejected when I take my phone out of my pocket.

Advertisement
    leo_mwf likes this.
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Weird. You should only have one or the other.

You try changing htclockscreen.apk name?
  3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

When I flashed the vanilla lockscreen, I think all it did was remove htclockscreen.apk. I am thinking that the htc lockscreen is also built into the dialer but I do not want to flash the aosp dialer.
  4. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me when I ran Fresh.
  5. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

Every ROM I've tried has still used the HTC "slide down bar" during phone calls, but every ROM I've tried so far has had Sense. I always flash the vanilla lock screen with an apk I got from Fresh ROM.
  6. ikonosin

ikonosin Active Member

Maybe Lockbot Pro? I can't honestly remember what it looks like when it rings though..

edit: nevermind, just called myself and there isn't a lockscreen on my phone when it rings, just buttons for "Answer" or "Decline".
  7. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

I have the same exact issue. I've posted about this before.

There are a few things out there to avoid the standard slider, and have buttons instead - but no way to really customize it, as far as I've found.

Which really sucks - because the stock slider SUCKS. I'm constantly accidentally ignoring/answering calls.
  8. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I heard that Widget Locker can bypass the stock slider for incoming phone calls but I want something smooth that won't cause my phone to lag.
  9. xtravbx

Widget locker bypasses it, so does "no lock" or "nolocker" its called, which is free.

But they both do the same thing, bypass the sliding answer screen and simply replace it with generic buttons.

The same buttons you see as if you're using the phone checking your email or playing a game, and a call comes through - its just the ANSWER and DECLINE buttons. Nothing protected from an accidentally press, or a password slide or anything.
  10. xtravbx

I emailed HTC regarding the issue - saying I don't like the lack of security regarding incoming calls, and the accidental answer/ignore issue. They didn't have much to stay.
  11. rgrisso

rgrisso New Member

I have the same problem on by HTC EVO 4G: Accidentally answer or reject calls while taking it out of my pocket. I just spend all day trying to come up with the answer and this is the best I've been able to do: Install "Tiny Call Confirm" App. This makes it so I have to just hit an "Unlock" button before swiping down to accept the call.
  12. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

What rom are you running?

There are a few files you can delete with root explorer that will allow the vanilla lockscreen to show. Once I know what rom you're on, I might be able to locate / figure out what you need to modify to accomplish this. :)