Anyway to change flash color?General

Last Updated:

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to change the color of the trackball for different notifications? I know when I had my blackberry like red would be text blue would be call. Is there anyway to change it from just flashing white for everything?

Thank You,
    Bill

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Nope - by default the trackball only does white. According to the folks who rooted the phone, there is nothing to indicate it's anything other than a white LED.

3. lilbballer27

Ah crap ok. Some one should make an app or something.

If anyone else has any info on this please post it.

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

The developer of Handcent told me that the Eris only supports a single LED color. I don't know if he had documentation from HTC to confirm this or if it was just "what he heard" or figured out. It does appear that he's right though...

5. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/57969-multicolor-trackball.html

The folks who rooted Eris are by no means an "Official word" from HTC, but they've looked at the Eris "under the hood" from a software perspective, and said there's no way to make the light multicolor - whether that's because the LED itself is monochrome, or because there is nothing in the software to support changing the color, the fact is that white is all you get.

I'd personally love to get different colors for different notifications. I believe the N1 (and presumably the upcoming Incredible) support multicolor, which is one of many reasons I'll probably pay full retail to switch when that device is released.

6. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Surely theres some way to make it flash at different intervals and lengths though, which would be almost as good.

7. lilbballer27

Thanks for the help guys. Iguess white will have to do lol

8. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Yeah white is the only color for the track ball. I remember I had a flip LG that would flash various LED colors for text and calls. I called it my disco phone and my friends would always give me s**t for it.

9. twixxy010

twixxy010 Member

Does anybody happen to know if the regular LED in the top right corner of the phone supports different colors? So far I've only seen it flash green.

10. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

It can flash green, orange (amber) and red. Don't know of any others.