anyway to copy pics from sd card to phone memory?

Last Updated: 2010-06-18 19:26:36
  1. lord lucan

lord lucan Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    Apologies if this has been asked before but is it possible to save pics from the SD card to the phone memory?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

No, as the phone memory isnt big enough.
  3. lord lucan

Ok, I'm trying to view pics on my SD card in the photo album slideshow function of the phone. Currently I can only view the standard pics that were pre-loaded on the phone
  4. jason-567

jason-567 Well-Known Member

download AndExplorer from the market, its a file manager software, open the app browse to the sd card browse to the file you want to move long press on the file and copy and paste it to the device then go back and delete from the sd card
    but as @nx1977 this isnt recomended as phone memory is very limited
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It should give you an option of picture folders. It indexes all pictures on card and phone. You're not trying to view pictures whilst the SD card is mounted in Windows are you?
  6. lord lucan

As a noob I don't understand "whilst the sd card is omounted in windows"

I'm going to:
    programs>photos>albums where I can choose between camera shots and all photos.

Neither of the two options contain my photos from my sd card, rather they contain pre-loaded photos.
  7. SUroot

You know when you plug your phone into a PC? You can set it to either "charge" or "mount SD card". when you mount the SD card, you can browse the files on your computer.

I just wanted to rule this out first. You're not connected to your PC (mounted) when looking for the photos from your phone are you?

If not, when in albums, press menu>Settings>default albums. Is anything unticked?
  8. lord lucan

No not connected to the pc.

Also when I go into default albums nothing is unticked
  9. SUroot

Alright then, these photo's on your SD card,
    1) what is their file extension (jpeg, jpg, gif etc?)
    2) What is the folder name that they are in?
    3) Where did they come from (did you take them with teh camera on this phone? Did you copy them onto your SD card?)

Can you browse to them using a file manger and view them that way? (for example install Astro from the market and test)
  10. lord lucan

I've just installed Astro so will try to explore and find them.

They are all jpegs but were taken on my old HTC Tytn II. I'll not be able to check this for a few hours as the sd card in question is at home.

I guess I could then sync to my laptop and upload my photos to it and then download then onto my desire....I'm just thinking out loud here.

Thanks for your help by the way, I appreciate it.
  11. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

Edit:

Disregard that I just read the thread properly.
  12. SUroot

If you have 2 different SD cards, and they're on the other, yeah just copy them to the computer, and copy em back to the SD card in the desire.

Don't mention it.
  13. lord lucan

Right, the latest is that my laptop doesn't allow me to browse the phone as a drive and HTC sync does nothing when I connect the phone....
    Any ideas?
  14. SUroot

HTC sync is rubbish, forget about that.

What do you mean "wont let you"? What happens?

When you connect the phone to the PC, does it say "Charge only" in the notification area of the phones screen?

If so, you need to mount the SD card. Pull down the notification area, press "CHARGE ONLY" and change it to "Disk drive - Mount as disck drive"
    lord lucan likes this.
  15. lord lucan

I've rebooted the phone and bizarrely it now gives me the option of mounting as disk drive whereas previously it didn't! How odd.

I'm transferring files across now so will update in due course.

EDIT: well I'll be damned, it's only worked!
    Thanks to everyone for their help.
  16. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

The little app SDrescan helps the photo album to see new pictures and folders on the SD card.
    So you don't have to connect and disconnect the phone to your PC. :)

Harry