• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to default save contacts to google instead of phone?

On the TB, when I go to save new contacts the default seems to be to the phone - I hate that. I want it to save my contacts straight to google so it syncs with my Incredible.

Anyway to make google the default?

Thanks,
Andrew

So far as I know from playing with many Google Devices, it seems like it goes to your phone but then immediately syncs to Google Contacts.

I believe it checks for which image got edited last and then overwrites the other one.

IE: you change a contact on Google contacts 15 minutes after making it on your TB, Google checks the time, sees Google is more recent and overwrites the TB edition.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just don't want to save anything to my phone. I want it to all be cloud based. On my incredible it comes up with a pop up to save to google or the phone. On the thunderbolt, you have to pull it from a drop down after the fact... no huge ordeal, but I just don't want to go forgetting and then losing a cute girl's phone number or something hahah. Which ironically if I didn't just check could have just happened!!! oh my.

My phones sync their contacts between themselves and also onto google. It is important for my business that this keeps happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones