1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyway to delete Gmail single messages but not whole conversation?

Last Updated:

1. johnbrain

johnbrain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't wait for M$ to pull the trigger on hotmail activesync. Currently I am using gmail. If I want to delete a message it sends the entire "conversation" to trash.

Is there a way to delete single messages in a conversation? Sometimes I just want to keep the original, most important email but don't need all the replies that go back and forth.

Currently I go into gmail web version to delete single messages in a thread but that's a PITA.

Thanks for advice.

Advertisement
  2. bkratzer83

bkratzer83 Well-Known Member

while in conversation at the top of gmail it will say "3 read messeges" at the top of the conversation click on that and it break it down into the the different conversations touch the one you want deleted press delete

3. johnbrain

johnbrain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It deletes the whole conversation, not just the broken down one I select. When I go into trash, I see the whole conversation with the "3 read messages" at the top, not just the one I wanted to delete.

Is it perhaps a setting? Maybe I am missing something.

4. bkratzer83

bkratzer83 Well-Known Member

go into settings and see of you have batch operations selected i have mine turned off see if that helps

5. xdjneo

xdjneo New Member

I tried turning off the batch operation, no go, I think that's to select multiple conversations/threads not individual emails/messages. I too would love to know how to do delete individual email/message from the thread/conversation in the GMail App on FroYo, I am using 2.3.2

6. metropical

metropical Member

bump this gMail question.
    I'm on Sensation 2.3.3.

7. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

How about turn "conversation" mode off on your PC. I did that, and I only get latest message on phone. But I use K9 to pull Gmail messages, so I'm not sure if the same holds true on mobile Gmail.