• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyway to get 3g?

I'm sorry, I think it's established that AT&T covers 200+ million americaNs. They just don't specify what they cover them with....
Odds are, you're SOL for 3g coverage my friend lol

It's not that. The issue is that the European Hero only has an HSPA 900/2100 antenna. In order to use AT&T's 3G you need an HSPA 850/1900 antenna. This is a hardware limitation, so no software update will ever change this.

There is, however, a Canadian Hero on Telus which uses the same 3G bands as AT&T. If you have one of those, it will automatically jump on the 3G network any time it's available.

Upvote 0
It's not that. The issue is that the European Hero only has an HSPA 900/2100 antenna. In order to use AT&T's 3G you need an HSPA 850/1900 antenna. This is a hardware limitation, so no software update will ever change this.

There is, however, a Canadian Hero on Telus which uses the same 3G bands as AT&T. If you have one of those, it will automatically jump on the 3G network any time it's available.

My apologies as I do not know much in that matter, I just love to take a jab at AT&T any chance I get! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones