1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

anyway to get pictures off an old CWR backup without being rooted?

1. hurricane630

hurricane630 Well-Known Member

I've been having trouble getting rooted again. I made a mistake and had to unroot and flash stock. Now I'm just trying to get some pictures back on my phone that I NEED. wasnt smart enough to upload them or back them up another way and I am wondering if theres anyway I can get them back.

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

did you happen to have those pictures automatically sync to your google + account? or picassa? or dropbox?
  3. hurricane630

no! which I realized as soon as I started that I should have but it was to late.
  4. hurricane630

I did back up the gallery in titanium backup. Idk if that would back up the pics though
  5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

You might try one or both of these apps:

Nandroid Browser

Yaffs Explorer

I've had limited success with them, but you're mileage may vary ;) :).

Also, if you are Linux-savvy, you could download the Nandroid .img files to your Linux box and mount them that way (it's a bit tricky though, so I'll refrain from giving you the details (I'd have to dig them up, too :p) before posting until I know if they'd be useful to you).

Cheers!
    hurricane630 likes this.
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

Hmm, does a nandroid backup include /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/*?
    scary alien likes this.
  7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Good call, Ted...CWM would exclude backing-up /data/media since that's the "SD card".

OP, where exactly were your picture files located?