Anyway To Get Screen To Light When Receiving Texts?!Support

Last Updated:

1. dgrubb3

dgrubb3 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all-

Just got my Transform a few days ago... first Android phone (man, it's a lot more indepth than I expected!!) Anyways, I can't figure out a way to get the screen to light up at all when I receive a text. The little ringtone plays, but screen doesn't light up... Anybody know if this is possible? And if so, how?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jakey99

jakey99 Member

Just press the power button on the right side of phone to bring up lock screen and unlock phone. Then you can swipe down notification bar and click on the message notification.

3. fujimori

fujimori Member

4. dgrubb3

dgrubb3 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Fuji, I will give it a shot. That's exactly what i meant... I hate not being able to actually SEE when a message shows up. Sometimes I don't hear it over the stereo in my car or what have you and the light from the screen is what lets me know a message has come in. Hopefully this will resolve the problem. Much thanks!

5. jakey99

jakey99 Member

O ok. Guess I didn't understand your question at all.

6. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Ease fix for this, install a simple add on called SMS Popup, works great. Just be sure to disable notifications on the default client.

SMS Popup - Android app on AppBrain