Anyway to get the HTC Desire/Eris flip clock widget on Droid?

Last Updated:

1. Aaron Kester

Aaron Kester Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I heard HTC made 3rd party makers like Weather Widget remove their similar designed flip clock widgets but is there any way to still get it somewhere on my Droid? I want the exact same look as the ones you see on HTC.

Advertisement
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

A popular app that people use for a clock and weather widget is "Beautiful Widgets." However, The app that looks almost (if not totally) like the HTC one, is called "Weather and Toggle Widget." It costs about $2 I think. Enjoy, bud! :D

3. bill d.

bill d. Member

find an APK for Weather Widgets 3.2, and download the h7c clock and weather skins within the program. PM me and I'll send you a link if you can't find anything on your own.

4. AMTrombley0924

This is the same developer of the app that I suggested. Only difference is the App I suggested is both weather and the flip clock. Weather Widgets 3.2 is just the weather app. h7c is the skin you are looking for though.

5. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets has someone that made one very similar and was posted on this forums. I've been using it for months, and I think it looks better, but its not as accurate to the sense look as the h7c.

This is for Beautiful Widgets only.

[​IMG]

SenseUI.zip

6. Aaron Kester

Y
    So does this mean I still can't get an exact copy of it? Cause I've downloaded weather widgets and beautiful widgets and I didn't like what showed up on it stock.

7. AMTrombley0924

No you can, but its not the stock one. This is a skinable app, so the skin h7c needs Here's what you do:

When you get "Weather and Toggle Widget," you also download OI File Manager. This one's free. Apply the widget to your home screen. Then you go into the app launcher, and launch the Weather and Toggle Widget. These are all the options and preferences for the widget. Scroll down until you see a category called "Weather Skin PReferences." Choose Weather Skin Downloader. Here is all the official skins for your app. Download h7c. Go back to the main preferences screen, and choose Install Weather Skin from SD. You are now seeing all the files on your SD card via OI File manager. Go into the file called "prettyweather-googlecode-com" and select h7c.zip. Hit OK. You have now applies the Widget Icons for h7c. Go back to the Weather and Toggle Widget's main preference screen and scroll further down until you get to Clock Skin Preferences. It should be the next category. Repeat the Process: Clock Skin Downloader>h7c-clock. Then install it from SD. The only difference is that from prettyweather-googlecode-com, theres a folder called clock. inside this folder, is the skins for the Clock. Apply it. Refresh your widget from the main preferences screen and it should now be done! Hope it's as close to HTC as you liked!

I know it's a bit of a process, but it's not risky at all, and it works every time I change the skins on my widget.

Busha likes this.
  8. Aaron Kester

Do you know if there is a picture of it anywhere? I already bought weather widget once so if I buy it again I can't refund it if I don't like it

9. Space Mountain

Space Mountain Active Member

If it's still in the market - Fancy Widget.

Aaron Kester likes this.
  10. AMTrombley0924

[​IMG]

That's a screenshot of my Droid, running the widget with the h7c skin. But again, to get the flip clock and weather widget, you have to buy Weather and Toggle widget, NOT Weather Widgets.

Aaron Kester likes this.
  11. Aaron Kester

Thanks for all your help AMtromble but the fancy widget from space mountain is exactly what I'm looking for, and its free! Thanks for your posts though.

12. AMTrombley0924

No worries, bud. Enjoy!

13. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

Is there a way to have Croatian letters in this Weather&Toggle Widget app ? I need

14. AMTrombley0924

Could you describe to me how to download this and use it?

15. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Download Beautiful Widgets from the Market (costs a few dollars). Then download the zip file for the Sense UI skin in the above post. Unzip the file, then there will be a file folder called SenseUI. Mount your phone to your computer via USB, then navigate to the Data/Beautifulwidgets/skins folder on your SD card and place the SenseUI folder in there.

Unmount your phone, then long-press where you want the weather/clock widget to be. Choose "Better Home" (or, if you prefer, Weather Smaller Home). Set your preferences (zip code, etc) then at the bottom choose "Skins." The SenseUI skin you just placed on your SD card SHOULD be there.

Hope this helps! :D

AMTrombley0924 likes this.
  16. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

I have tried it yesterday and it does not look too good because the numbers of the clock are too wide, Weather&Toggle Widget looks just like Sense with H7C theme...

17. PennState

PennState Active Member

Heres my droid using the standard skin for weather and toggle widgets, which is clear.

[​IMG]

So if thats what your looking for, thats the app. The h7c skin will gice you the white flipclock on black weather bar.

18. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

Yes, H7C gives me HTC Desire look and it looks great...only thing that is bad is that Croatian letters are showed with squares and other weird signs...

19. jofritz

jofritz Member

how do i go back to clear, i have the white clock...

20. droidmaha

droidmaha Member

I found an apk for fancy widget, but I'm a newbie. I downloaded the file to my pc. How do I install it on my [new] X? Any help will be appreciated!

21. vishal18793

vishal18793 New Member

What tool are u using for the toolbar on the bottom of screen?
    thanks in advance

22. vishal18793

vishal18793 New Member

What tool are u using for the toolbar on the bottom of screen?
    thanks in advance

23. Cbell3

Cbell3 New Member

Hi I am using the Weather & Toggle Widget app. I saw where a couple of users have the H7C-Clock.zip skins. Is there anyway someone could email me a copy for my phone? It would be most appreciated.

24. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

The new custom UD rom comes with this.

25. slosh

slosh Well-Known Member

Fancy Widget Pro has a skin just like HTC sense....also has where you can make the clouds go across the screen like HTC sense..