Anyway to go back to 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. theintoxicatedmofo

theintoxicatedmofo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so..post Froyos update and at first i didnt think it was too bad, brower is slow as heck and the pinch to zoom isnt great anymore, besides that when i pinch to zoom it skips. big draw back because i use the brower ALOT everyday. wifi reception has greatly improved, phone runs much smoother but my biggest issue is now android uses the most percentage of the battery which makes no sense..usually cell standby uses the most followed by phone idled...as of right now after 9hr 38min off charger, android system has used 31%, followed by cell standby at 26% and phone idle at 21%. so i was wondering if there is anyway to revert back to the Official 2.1? i appreciate the fixes of wifi, the improved speed of the overall U.I of Froyos, but 2.1 worked well enough for me, especially with the better battery life. Prior to froyos i would get 12-14 hrs of batt life, now i just managed 9 1/2

Advertisement
  2. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

Mmm...nope

Learn to your data on/off when you aren't using it. If you can, use WiFi over 3G.

My phone has been off the charger for 13hrs now...

3. theintoxicatedmofo

theintoxicatedmofo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thats the thing..on 2.1 my data was ALWAYS on except for when i was at work..whether i was or wasnt my phone would still last me 12-14 hours. im thinkng about returning the unit to RS just to get another handset with 2.1...my device is suffering from the light leakage anyways..thing is there are so many people who want a device and me returning one just because of light leakage is sorta silly. plus there are the possibilities of the new model having the new display, which mine has the NOVA ( older one) and it might also have light leakage...ooh what to do..im sure HTC will release an update soon that will correct some of these issues..i just dont know what to do about the high Android usage of the battery..obviously something is not right..

4. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I've noticed on the uninstaller app that I have when I look at my applications that can be uninstalled that one of them is Android system 2.2. I wasn't going to risk it but it looked interesting.