Anyway to replace the Moisture seal?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is BS mine has went off after 2 months of owning one :mad:

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the water damage indicator? If so, it only "goes off" if you get it wet so calling it BS is just that...

However, you can google and/or search Ebay. Sheets of the material are available for purchase. You can scrape the old one off with a hobby knife or something and then put a new piece on.

3. mitch27

mitch27 Member

He might be lying, but then again if you live in a very humid area they can go off over time. I used to work for an electronics service center and saw this happen a few times to people who live in Florida and the islands. Before honoring warranties we would inspect the board to see if there's any liquid indication before waiving warranty. The liquid damage indicators are a little too sensitive honestly, and is a HORRIBLE method to determine if a customer abused their phone (all it takes is a little moisture, or 1 drop of water).
    The sticker should be a reason to say "hey, maybe I should check the inside and see if there's damage", not a reason to assume "yeah your phone has liquid damage so your warranty is void" without even looking inside.

4. luxetical

luxetical Well-Known Member

get a q-tip and some bleach and just dab it till it turns colors.

I did it to mine. My indicator tripped when I went to mexico, it was so humid water was dripping off my skin.

5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Are you absolutely positive that it's been triggered? I've seen MANY people mistake that it's been triggered because the sticker is Pinkish/Redish out of the box. All carriers seem to be different, but Sprints starts out Pinkish/Redish (not even sure what color it turns when it gets wet). I even asked Sprint about it on my Touch Pro and they said it's a common mistake where people think that the sticker has been triggered even though the phone has never gotten wet.

6. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    is a NON-activated sensor.
    Wet ones turn full red.

drexappeal likes this.
  7. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting up this pic. This is what I was referring to. Some people have mentioned that other providers have a sensor that's all white at first, so many forum members got paranoid when they saw the redish/pinkish pattern showing up. This is great for people to have a measuring stick on wet damage, as far as the EVO is concerned.

8. Michael McQuilkin

Michael McQuilkin Member

Can we get a pic of one that is tripped?

9. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member