• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to set a wallpaper without cropping it?

Hey damstr,
Don't know if you ever found what you were looking for, but I seem to be one of the few who really know what you're asking. No crop, fullscreen wallpapers can be used with the app called Wallpaper Wizardrii. Just set image to exact. Been looking all day for what I think you're trying to do. Hope this helps you all trying to use your pictures for wallpapers! :cool:

Upvote 0
i want to set a wall paper that will scroll as i switch pages on my home screen,
however whenever i set an image to wallpaper, it makes me crop it to fit 1 page and remains static,

i'd like to have a widescreen wallpaper that scrolls with the pages just like the default wallpapers, live wallpapers and the "ID" wallpapers provided by spring dlc packs,

i've checked settings and all i can find are adjust animations, adjust brightness, auto rotate screen and screen timeout,

if someone could please help it'd be greatly appreciated,
sine this thread is somewhat recent i'm wondering if it's a Froyo thing?:thinking:

EDIT: actually nevermind, i restarted my phone and the problem went away, but i'm still not sure why it was static before and cant make it do so again,
well anyway, i prefer the scrolling wallpapers, so i'm happy,

Upvote 0
I didn't want to ahve to go thru all that sizing resizing with photoshop so I went to the market & downloaded "Wallpaper Wizardrii". It's perfect for me. I have a picture that doesn't move when I slide the screen it's not cropped. The program gives you options as to how you want the picture to look . Really good & not too much memory space used. I suggest you try it. If you don't like it then judt delete it.

Upvote 0
Check my Sigs - you don't need photoshop to resize images, but for the DROID the dimensions are 480 * 854.

Some of the images don't resize cleanly to those exact dimensions, so I've resized them to either one or the other (maintain the aspect ratio) so some will have bands either horizontally or vertically.

Any image editor will be able to resize easily, including Paint.NET, The Gimp, etc.

Upvote 0
i want to set a wall paper that will scroll as i switch pages on my home screen,
however whenever i set an image to wallpaper, it makes me crop it to fit 1 page and remains static,

i'd like to have a widescreen wallpaper that scrolls with the pages just like the default wallpapers, live wallpapers and the "ID" wallpapers provided by spring dlc packs,

i've checked settings and all i can find are adjust animations, adjust brightness, auto rotate screen and screen timeout,

if someone could please help it'd be greatly appreciated,
sine this thread is somewhat recent i'm wondering if it's a Froyo thing?:thinking:

EDIT: actually nevermind, i restarted my phone and the problem went away, but i'm still not sure why it was static before and cant make it do so again,
well anyway, i prefer the scrolling wallpapers, so i'm happy,

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I first wanted a non-spanable wallpaper, i.e one fixed view for every home. But had to settle for a spanned one. At this stage quickpic would only let me crop landscape.
Then one day the wallpaper became non-spanned, I was happy and even noticed that quickpic changed to a portrait crop for any pic-to-wallpaper.
I tried to change back to spannable. but couldn't find a way. It had me confused for hours, I even compared it to my mate's identical phone, uninstalled quickpic on both phones and re-installed again. No change, one phone was spanned, the other non-spanned. Finally reset mine and it turned back normal (spanned).
(I think prefer spanned now).

Upvote 0
i didnt read all of these posts but if u r still lookin for the answer...to span any pic from your gallery across all screens you:

1. Go to you gallery and select the pic you want
2. Select Menu, More, Set as
3. Make sure you select SET AS WALLPAPER (not wallpaper w/ gallery logo)
4. It should have 3 layouts and a checkbox that says "Scrollable Wallpaper"
5. If u want all three screens check it and just one leave it unchecked

At least that is for nexus s

Upvote 0
I had the same problem as the OP. I too found that app "wallpaper wizardrii" on marketplace and it's the answer to all your problems. All of the other apps I've tried don't give you a choice....you HAVE to crop the picture which sucks if you want the pic just the way you see it on screen.

Once you open up the app, find the picture and then touch "set" at the bottom of the screen. Next, you'll see another menu pop up and you'll need to select the "no scroll" option (it might give you an warning screen but say yes anyways) and then choose "exact" and you're done! That's it!

Just thought I'd pass this along. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones