anyway to set media song as alarm notification?Support

Last Updated:

1. rbk21

rbk21 Member This Topic's Starter

i've gone into every menu to try and make a custom alarm from a song on my playlist but can't seem to.

anyone know how to do this?

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Download the app "Rings Extended" free off the Android market -> Now go to change your ringtone or sms ringtone as normal -> when prompted select "Rings Extended" and you will now be able to choose from all the MP3's you put on the Phone :)

Carl ;)

3. schmoo4869

schmoo4869 New Member

wow, thanks carl for that tidbit on the ringer app. Always used a song for my alarm on my bbstorm but was unhappy with the alarm on the Eris due to the ringer options. Thanks again. Hey anyway to get the volume louder for media. I have it set as loud as it can go but it doesnt seem very loud. Not sure if this will actually wake m up. lol

4. rbk21

rbk21 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks carl! mission accomplished.

5. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Carl,

I have MP3 songs as ringtones for my contacts. Do you know if this app will play those songs designated to those contacts when I get a txt from them? Or does this app only let you choose 1 MP3 as your default ringtone when you get a txt?

6. Bravo311

Bravo311 Well-Known Member

Ringdroid is also an excellent app for alarms, ringers, and notifications.

7. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Is there an app for setting custom ringtons for MMS and certain people texting you? This is a feature I can't believe they left out and I miss from my old BlackBerry. :(

8. DroidNinja

DroidNinja New Member

i would LOVE to know if there is such a thing... I too am coming over from a blackberry.

9. Bravo311

Bravo311 Well-Known Member

I use Handcent. Try selecting the persons thread, on the right next to the persons name there is a button that looks like a person with the settings symbol. Tap that and you will get window that says personalization. Tap notification settings and from there you can select ringtone when recieving sms. Dont know if this works with any other sms app, since I installed Handcent when I bought the phone.

10. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I know in my HTC Magic , If you go to contacts -> Select a contact -> Press "Menu" -> "Edit contact" -> Scroll down and near the bottom you can select "Ringtone" -> Choose your ringtone for this person -> This specific ringtone will play when that specific person Rings {But I'm not sure about if they sms}.

Carl :)

11. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Their ringtone doesn't play when they txt you. There seems to be only 1 designated sound/song for all txts. Bravo said you can choose different songs for different txts from different ppl with handscent, so maybe i'll give that a whirl.

12. rapcrp

rapcrp New Member

Thank you, i have download rings extended in my evo 4g from application in market.it works great

it;s wonderfull.....

13. sylvetta

sylvetta New Member

I was going crazy trying to figure this out!! A friend referred me here and your advice worked to a tee soooo simple and easy and to think I almost drove myself mad trying to customize an Alarm tone.... Thanks Again Carl C....

14. Socrates GR

Socrates GR New Member

You are simple the best i am greatfull to you happy new year android god!:)