• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyway to stop notifications for Mail?

It more than likely does show up, just not where you are looking. When you go to Settings | Apps it defaults to the Installed and / or Downloaded list which are ones you have installed from the Play store. Across the top you should also see running (sorta self explanatory, though I'm not 100% sold) and all. Swipe over to all and scroll to the samsung app. You won't be able to uninstall it, but you should be able to disable it. This will stop it from running (and raising notifications) and remove it from you app drawer. It is the same as removing it except it will still take up the storage space on your phone.

I hope this helps.:)

Upvote 0
Or you can remove the account from it, so it will never get any emails, so it will never notify you. Then download an email app you like that has its own notification choices and choose (none) or whatever you like. (You can record a few seconds of silence as an mp3 file, load that into your notifications and use it for your email notification.)

Upvote 0
I don't use the Samsung mail app. I see that it can't be uninstalled (grrr!).

It also doesn't show up in Application Manager.

Heck, even if I could change the notification sound (e.g. to SILENT) I'd be thrilled.

Anyone know how to do any of this by any chance?

Did a little research for you madfloyd. If you were talking about the app named Email then what you do is open Email, tap on the Settings button, tap on Settings then Account settings. Once you do that tap on the account you setup then uncheck Email notifications. Also from there you can change your notification sound to to Silent by tapping on Select ringtone, scrolling up to Silent and select that. You do the same things for Gmail.

Reactions: madfloyd
Upvote 0
It more than likely does show up, just not where you are looking. When you go to Settings | Apps it defaults to the Installed and / or Downloaded list which are ones you have installed from the Play store. Across the top you should also see running (sorta self explanatory, though I'm not 100% sold) and all. Swipe over to all and scroll to the samsung app. You won't be able to uninstall it, but you should be able to disable it. This will stop it from running (and raising notifications) and remove it from you app drawer. It is the same as removing it except it will still take up the storage space on your phone.

I hope this helps.:)

Thank you so much for this. I had no idea that the 'Running' tab existed so this is VERY helpful.

Upvote 0
Did a little research for you madfloyd. If you were talking about the app named Email then what you do is open Email, tap on the Settings button, tap on Settings then Account settings. Once you do that tap on the account you setup then uncheck Email notifications. Also from there you can change your notification sound to to Silent by tapping on Select ringtone, scrolling up to Silent and select that. You do the same things for Gmail.

I was talking about the app named Email and I appreciate this workaround. I had removed the Email shortcut and it never dawned on me to try settings within it (duh!).

Also very helpful to know that you can add new notification sounds somehow. I'll research that next as the default selection left me a bit wanting.

Thanks again to all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones