Anyway to turn off the unlock slider but keep the pattern pw?General

Last Updated:

1. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The one thing that does not make sense is why do you have to do the unlock and then the draw pattern. Shouldn't the draw patter be enough? I tried the no lock widget but it turns of both the slider and the draw pattern. I just want the draw pattern.

Advertisement
  2. absolution

absolution Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to know this too. There are several threads around, but none with a valid answer.

3. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea I really hate how if you use a passcode or pattern you have to enter it everytime you turn the screen on. On the Blackberry and iphones you can set the pw to time out after x minutes so if you are like me and pick up the phone every 5 min you don’t have to keep putting the pw in.

4. absolution

Right, but let's be clear: that is NOT what we are asking for in this thread.

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

6. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

There is lockbot and lock 2.0 I think is what they are called. Also, the swipe thing, if you don't like wiping down, just press the menu soft key. It does the same thing.

tluv00 likes this.
  7. absolution

Has anyone actually tried these solutions with the lock pattern specifically or are you just spitting out the names of apps? I ask because I tried several apps that certainly did NOT play nice with the lock pattern. Maybe there is a setting I missed or something.

8. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Lockbot and I didn't like it. This is why, it worked ok, it messed up a few times, but it isn't any better than the native app for me. To me, the whole idea of an app is a replacement for a native app that is inefficient or isn't there in th first place. I feel that the native app, the pattern lock I mean, does the trick. That is my two cents, others will have different opinions obviously, but I try to go with native apps except in cases as stated above.