Anyway to use the led flash with the camcorder?

Last Updated:

1. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned This Topic's Starter

Just wondering

Advertisement
  2. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

Download "led desire light" from the marketplace. Just turn it on before taking video.

3. kingtheproducer

kingtheproducer Well-Known Member

Thank you soooo much novarider!!!

4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

5. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

Prepare to get bitched at for shining that light in people's faces in the dark haha. I'm not sure I've ever seen two LEDs shine that intensely.

6. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

I use LED Light, but it's pretty useless except for very short range. The light doesn't seem as bright as when it pops as the camera flash. Could this be different with another app?

7. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Led Light works but don't expect miracles if that's your only light source in a dimly lit room

8. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

I could be wrong, but I have to think that the LED's on this phone are on or off, with no varying degree of brightness. I would suspect that the "flash" seems brighter as it goes from nothing, to bright, then back to nothing.

9. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned This Topic's Starter

Lls I jus downloaded it... Yall right, doesn't do much...Thanks anyways

10. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

I thought that too. I just did a quick test though and it wasn't even close. It was way brighter when used as the camera flash.

So I wonder if there's an app that can unleash the full power of the LED :)

I see LED Desire light has a brightness adjustment...very cool. The brightest setting is much brighter than LED Light...

11. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

"Led Desire Light" app utilizes the full potential of the led light and can get just as bright as the flash when put on the highest setting.

12. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

I dont know if led desire uses the full brightness at its maximum setting or not, havent been brave enough to look at it while flashing sos, lol (I do recommend this app though), however, I advise against using them at full power for anything but short periods of time. Aside from the warnings accompanied by some of the software about damage to the leds, I can verify first hand that you will damage them. Based on my experience with high intensity led's for my rc hobby they WILL be damaged if on at full power for any extended period of time.

Im my opinion, I would not use the LEDs for camcorder use, I have no doubt that HTC purposley did not incorporate this into the software, because A. It would damage them, or B. when used at a safe level they are ineffective

ODog2323 likes this.
  13. dwe1982

dwe1982 Member

LED Desire Light is by far the most useful app for this. Had both, sticking with desire.:D

14. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I liked the shake to turn on with the LED Light (came in handy if you are, in fact, trying to use it for camcording), but with it only turning it minimum brightness, I feel the Desire one is at LEAST 5234885349.65% more useful.

15. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

If someone is returning an insured Evo, it'd be nice to have them run the desire app at full strength for an extended period and see how well the camera keeps it up without LED damage, heat generation, etc