AOL EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    How do I get the email application on the S4 from sending the same message twice on the same email?

Example:

To who cares,
    Meeting me at the 7-11 at 530pm?

Sal
    123-456-7890
    Sent from Galaxy S4

Then immediately below it it repeats:

To who cares,
    Meeting me at the 7-11 at 530pm?

Sal
    123-456-7890
    Sent from Galaxy S4

How do I get this to stop?

Advertisement
  2. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

Do you have any other email provider for which you're using the email app? (For example, I have a crappy verizon.net account I use largely for collecting spam/marketing emails.) If so, see if the same problem occurs with it. That way, we can isolate whether the problem is the email app or AOL.

(Alternatively, you might try another email app. I'm a fan of K-9 mail, but there are plenty out there. That might be another way of figuring out where the problem is -- and you may find that you like the other app better. I can confirm that I use K-9 with AOL Mail and do not have the issue.)
  3. SAL8116

I will look into K-9 thanks.

Also, I do not use any other email apps on my phone.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's sending it twice, or just displaying it twice? Send an email to another address you own and see.
  5. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member

People still use email through AOL???????
  6. marcus304j

marcus304j Member

AOL email still exists?
  7. SAL8116

Its sending once, but the same message repeats twice within the same message.
  8. SAL8116

I've had this email address for 15+ years and there is no reason to change it. I do have others though, but AOL is my main one.
  9. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

+1 for K-9.
  10. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

no kidding... lol:p
    how about compuserve? can I use that on my Android? I am pretty sure there is a Family Guy reference in there somewhere...;)
  11. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I want a telegraph app and Pony Express tracking! :D

Seriously, is the AOL email entirely web based still, or does it does it do Imap and POP? If the latter seemingly you could use any email client and see if you get different results.