• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AOSenseP2beta--Updated 10/26/12--mini-update

Update 2.2--Animation fixes--simple and very smooth
AOSenseP_update2.2.zip - 5.42 MB
To be flashed after flashing full ROM below

fixed some faded black backgrounds and added some framework animations

Latest Complete ROM
File Download--- AOSenseP2beta2.zip - 177.68 MB

All credit for the UI and menu fixes goes to legmando33.
Also would like to thank Travisholt92 for the support he has provided with issues that have come up as well.

For WiFi tethering use the following settings....

Device Profile-Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
WiFi driver reload---checked
Mss clamping--checked
Routing fix--checked

This is how to have fully working mms...

Ensure you are on a ROM either stock or Fusion and your mms is working.
Do a titanium backup of 'dialer storage ' app and data
Install this rom
Restore app and data for 'dialer storage
Reboot

Latest Complete ROM download

AOSenseP2beta2.zip - 177.68 MB

Changes since the last full release...

All Htc apps have been removed without breaking anything else.
com.htc.resources file debloated to 1.4 mb
most system backgrounds are now solid black...looks sharp and saves battery.
zip aligned and batch optimized....recompiled apps and framework files cleaning up all the crap not needed.

Please don't ask when this or that will work or tell me that you like the htc app better. If you do then return to stock or find a way to put it back in yourself. If you want any Htc app then this ROM isn't for you.

A word about signal strength....

There is nothing changed in this ROM or any other ROM for this phone that will affect your actual signal strength. The number of bars may be different but not your actual signal strength. I can also assure you that my wimax and my wi-fi are working just fine on 2-fast's v4 kernel. Your results may vary but if you don't like your signal quality on this ROM or any other, return to stock.

If you want USB storage to work push the following SystemUI.apk to your phone but you will loose the transparent status bar. Had them both working together but that was on the old laptop now sitting in my trashcan.
SystemUI.apk - 1,000.49 KB

If you can't resist the urge to press your power button while a call is coming in or deal with other minor annoyances, flash a stock ROM.

To have working MMS you need to have a titanium backup of dialer storage from when you had working mms and restore it after flashing this ROM.

- Working Data including 4G
- Working GPS and Bluetooth
- Working Wi-fi and tethering (with WiFi Tether market app)
- Working front (vga) and rear cameras

This ROM is based on the latest update from Boost Mobile and from there was completely debloated. Don't get me wrong...anytime I have restored my phone to the factory image I like the fancy Htc toys and after about 10 minutes of dealing with the lag I am quickly over it.

This ROM features the following....

AOSP settings and status bar
AOSP browser, calculator,calendar
AOSP Mms, contacts, dialer and call screen
AOSP lockscreen with caller ID on the lockscreen
Inverted Google apps (Play Store, Email, Music, Voice and Talk, Google NOW)
Awesome Beats
Visual Voicemail app
Google Maps
Titanium Backup (free edition)
Torch (flashlight)
Super User

This has has look and feel of AOSP with more changes coming soon. Over 500 Mb of system storage and 1 gb of data storage available on first boot. More room for what you want, not what Htc thinks you need.

other Known Issues
-No ESPT or OTA programming so you would either need to restore to your stock backup or do it on a computer
-minor bug in languages menu that closes settings after you change the language setting

The installation of this ROM will wipe your Data, System and Cache . Backup anything you want to keep to your SD card. Here are the install instructions.

-Backup anything you want to keep
-Backup your current ROM
-Reboot into CWM recovery
-Wipe Data factory reset
-Install zip from SD
-Reboot
- Check to make sure everything works before flashing a new kernel

Any issues, please do not PM me. Report it here in the forum so we can help each other out. Be thorough when describing what is wrong and include your logcat info. If you don't know how to use logcat i suggest you keep your phone stock.

This ROM was put together by porting various parts from other devices, incorporating AOSP and Google apps from various sources and eliminating as much HTC footprint as possible.

The reason behind this ROM is to get something happening in this forum. I don't have much experience with this kind of stuff but Google has been my friend.

Credit for the various parts of this ROM go to the following:

-travp624 at RootzWiki for the Inverted G Apps
-ShnizlonV for the AOSP ICS installer which helped get the HtcContacts out and the AOSP in by me flashing a bunch of crap on top of other crap and getting lucky ( Couldn't duplicate)
-JayDogg and Apache Thunder for their installers during testing and the bases for the initial version)
-2fast for the AdvancedPM, the xFuZiiOnZz base and all the work he has done on this phone to get it where it is today
-wajeeh at Rootswiki for the sms popup and stock keyboard
-Downthemachine for the mms fix
-Everyone who said it couldn't be done
-and me for trying anyways
-Anyone I forgot , PM me and I will include you in the OP

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-18-22-08-10.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-18-22-08-10.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Screenshot_2012-09-18-22-09-32.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-18-22-09-32.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 868
  • Screenshot_2012-09-18-22-11-13.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-18-22-11-13.png
    118 KB · Views: 917
  • Screenshot_2012-09-19-00-28-39.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-19-00-28-39.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 857
  • Screenshot_2012-09-19-00-29-22.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-19-00-29-22.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 820
  • Screenshot_2012-09-19-00-41-03.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-19-00-41-03.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 744
  • Screenshot_2012-09-30-07-45-14.JPG
    Screenshot_2012-09-30-07-45-14.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 678
  • Screenshot_2012-09-30-08-03-18.JPG
    Screenshot_2012-09-30-08-03-18.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 631
  • Screenshot_2012-09-30-14-42-13.JPG
    Screenshot_2012-09-30-14-42-13.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 591
  • Screenshot_2012-09-30-15-18-12.JPG
    Screenshot_2012-09-30-15-18-12.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 627
This is hopefully improved followup to the previous release. I have versions for USS, Boost and Sprint. PM me if you would like to try it out. This ROM is very fast and everything is working to my knowledge. Just looking for one tester for each service provider.

Features a very slimmed down framework
AOSP apps
-status bar
-settings
-calendar
-calc
-mms
-email
-google play

....all inverted

Total size of ROM is 171 MB and that is including gapps....the second zip replaces the status bar and settings so it adds nothing to the size. Over 1gb of free storage and over 300mb of free RAM

See previous thread for screen shots
I'll be glad to test for boost. Pm me w/links. I'll do it using 2fast's v4 and v5 kernels, all of this is pending you're interested :p

Upvote 0
Can I still get the files? I just wanna have JB as your other rom failed on my evo

This is not jellybean...It is ICS 4.0.3, latest OTA 1.11 from Boost. I already sent you a link. If you have any other questions PM me or one of the other testers in this thread. Thank you

Reactions: patsfann
Upvote 0
I took the instructions down for obvious reasons. If you need them PM me...

The reason being I want to get an honest answer on what steps were made during installation and not have the posted instructions recited back to me. Not trying to be an ass but I need reliable feedback and I've already done any possible installation error intentionally when putting this together so I know if that happens here.

Upvote 0
i do exactly the instructions , when i go to setting --> language & input , there stop ...

Tell me exactly what you did during installation from when you first booted into recovery....I need this info to help

are the other settings working? is it just languages? will it let you switch and then it force closes or does it close right away?

Upvote 0
Tell me exactly what you did during installation from when you first booted into recovery....I need this info to help

are the other settings working? is it just languages? will it let you switch and then it force closes or does it close right away?

There appears to be an issue with the language option but I am able to change languages and then it closes. It may be a framework file related issue...I just need to know if everything else is okay. Text me if you want. I sent out my number already

Upvote 0

i come from xFuZiionZz , reboot i do --> wipe data/factory reset , then mount --> data/cache/sytem - format , then install zip --> BoostDS.zip . reboot , then i turn on wifi data in reboot , wipe cache --. advanced --> wipe Dalvik Cache --> install zip --> AOSPstatusbar.zip , then reboot after that , i go to settings for sounds , brightness , but in language & input stop , in go back to home screen .

Reactions: HaydenM
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones