• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Aosp 2.1 rom!

[Rom-dev] (2-18-10) AOSP 2.1 - xda-developers

Totally not even being close to finished but something to play around with! Flashing now!

Sick as ****!!!!

EDIT: Live Wallpapers work including the Nexus one. A lot of force closes. Nexus launcher animations work. Nexus dots to determine the screen works. 5 screens. Simply amazing. Darch is getting the sensors and everything figured out. This is going to be an amazing rom!

I tried getting the Cyanogen ROM to work about 5 different times and I couldn't get the damn thing to work. I got this one to work on the first try and it seemed to be pretty responsive. He's pushing this thing out quick and updates are coming every 10 minutes for the last 30 minutes. Like I said a lot of force closes but definitely worth flashing to see what is to come!

Upvote 0
I don't think it is as complete. I've read the three pages that is there on the thread....and from what I gather, you can not recieve calls....

No BT or MMS or Camera....same as 2.0.1

I LOVE this stuff...but I'm gonna have to wait abit to see what comes about, after a couple of days/weeks of 2.1

I've got 2.0.1 running and it's sweet as all get out!!!!! I can live without BT for the moment and no camera....as long as I can text, all is well. MMS can wait also...

Keep us posted, all who are running this 2.1 AOSP ROM!!!!! LIVE WALLPAPER ROCKS....although it might be draining my battery abit :p

Upvote 0
This looks promising, and I've been following it over on XDA. Calling works, just flash the googlebits as described. I have not tested this, don't think I will yet, but again, it looks promising.

One thing to keep in mind, for people that are just rooting your phone, this is likely not the ROM for you....yet. There will be things that don't work, and unless you are willing to put up with it, hold off for a bit. DEV team is working hard and I'm sure there are many great things to come.

Upvote 0
Yea, it won't take them long at all to figure it all out. The thread seems to be flying and more stuff is added in every page!

I will wait for them to get it to where I would like it, and be happy with 2.0.1. Anyone else out there running this ROM (tatonka, you are right!?!)
Does it seem to be draining your battery??? Are you using the live wallpaper all the time.....?

I have had nothing but the starfield running and my battery seems to be going quite quickly. Although I have WAY more internal memory free then ever with Fresh 1.1 or stock....My RAM is way up too with this ROM....

I just don't get why my battery is going so fast....kinda scary. I SOoooo love the wallpaper!

Upvote 0
I couldn't take it anymore...plus they got just as far with this as they did with 2.0.1 So I downloaded it and flashed...lol

WAAAAY sicker than 2.0.1 could ever think of being....lol Here's to hoping they get BT and Camera soon....

I can't remember the last time I sent a picture using MMS, so that can wait forever as far as I care....

I put my pics on facebook and twitter :D

I'd flash it!!!!

Upvote 0
I'm more worried he's not going to be doing much more with the 2.0.1 ROM now. It's already freakin sweet, just needs a bit of polishing.

I'm sure I'll give the 2.1 ROM a try very soon. I can't afford to be downloading updates every day lol

I sure as hell miss the phone button at the bottom like in Sense.

Ok, so WiFi doesn't work in that download? I'll have to wait then. I use WiFi like 75% of the time due to no 3G at home.

Any info on battery life with this ROM? 2.0.1 is really killing mine, and that's without running live wallpapers...

Upvote 0
Ok, so WiFi doesn't work in that download? I'll have to wait then. I use WiFi like 75% of the time due to no 3G at home.

Any info on battery life with this ROM? 2.0.1 is really killing mine, and that's without running live wallpapers...

WiFi does work....he got it to work, you can see in his last few posts. He is going to bed now and will update the ROM tomorrow/send us a patch.

Yeah my guess is he is done with 2.0.1 this one is just way sweeter!!! All the wallpapers work and BT works, and wifi Works....all that is left is the camera and MMS.

Just installed it around a few hours ago...let me have it sit over night, go through work with me tomorrow and I'll have an update. TOTALLY hear you on 2.0.1 killing the heck out of my battery....and I had the live wallpaper on the whole time!!! You didn't and it's still trashing yours!

I read your post in the other forum too! I concur it would be great if he could update the "what works/what doesn't" for new comers....so they don't get scared away :D

I'll keep ya posted!!!!

Upvote 0
go to bed? why? I've only got to stay up for an hour to drive my dad to work (gimpy bastard), then come back home and go back to bed for a few hours lol.

Then, it's wake up and send out a dozen emails, call the bank, look for a job (it really sucks to be graduating from college right now), feed the cows, clean up some snow, fix the bump outside the garage....damn, might be a busy day :p

Upvote 0
Well...I hope you get some good sleep, what little of it you are getting!

So after a good night of rocking it out....testing things, and setting up apps, downloading apps/widgets. I have to say the battery is holding up FAR better then the last ROM 2.0.1

I'll keep my eye on it still as it's early in the game....but when you get to downloading it (hopefully soon), keep me posted as well :)

Upvote 0
I just loaded this one on about 20 mins ago and it seems pretty stable.
But for the life of me I can't figure out how to go home without using the back button! It seems my home button does not work! Well I was gonna type up a bunch of other stuff, but If I can't get the home button to work it's pointless!

I also had this one on here as well for about an hour! Worked good as well!
[ROM-DEV] 01/01/09 | CDMA Hero Eclair 2.1 v1.8-7 | acell and compass work! - xda-developers

Going back to the other one as we speak!

Upvote 0
So, what still needs to be fixed in this ROM? I'm not sure he's updated his thread.

I'm pretty sure it's been updated.

Live wallpapers don't work if you flash Toast's kernel, camera doesn't work, mms doesn't work, and OpenGL is 1.0 instead of 1.1 (which is part of the reason some of the live wallpapers don't work with just the ROM)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones