AOSP 2.2 Vs. CM6 2.2.

Last Updated:

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this probably sounds like a pretty easy question to answer for myself, but here I go asking anyway. What are the main differences between the AOSP Android 2.2 ROM and the CyanogenMod 6.1 Android 2.2 ROM, besides the obvious difference that the former is basically a stock version of Android 2.2? Which one is faster and uses up less internal storage? If you have any other insight between the two that you would like to add, that would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, what the advantages and disadvantages for both ROMs? I would also like your opinion on which ROM out of those two you would recommend for someone who just rooted their handset and wants to try on Android 2.2 for size.

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

First off, you can't wrong with either:D

This my experience;)

If you are talking benchmarks, they are both fast, Quadrant score higher in aosp 0.9.7. 470-500. CM6 430-470. Linpack is the same, 5.3-5.49. FYI, Linpack scores will be higher with JIT enabled

CM6 on boot up, 150mb of internal storage. aosp on boot up, 85mb of internal storage. This does not really matter though, apps to sd is native. Applications that can be moved to sd, will help in that respect

CM6 has more customizations with the cyanogenmod settings.

aosp has a stock launcher, so trying ADW or LauncherPro is at your discretion for a launcher. CM6 has ADW installed

I would recommend either;)

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Well I can't speak for the CM6 but I will give my opinion on both as I read much on the CM6, I am on the AOSP V 0.9.7 right now and absolutely love it it is basic, but fast and responsive, as for the CM6 from what I have been told and have read, a little slower, but more bells and whistle, IMO I prefer speed than the extra stuff, also one note the WiFi tethering works great now on the AOSP V 0.9.7 as I am sure it does also with CM6 I believe the Rom I am on versus the CM6 will have less memory as it is much lighter. Now I am new to this also as this is my first Root and Rom flash, but I wish I had done this much earlier, but I am getting there with the help of 2 main peeps MCat and Andy plus others. Also on my Rom I can tell you the Btooth works flawless. my stock did also but had a delay when answering a call, this Rom is very responsive. My 2 cents, if I think of anything else I will add it later.

4. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

DAMN....Ok - what they said....
    Again with the time zone!!!

5. DonB

HaHa did you say time zone, good thing you don't live in Australia, LOL :eek:

6. MahaloCat

WHATEVER - If I lived in Australia - it would be 7:30 am Saturday morning - and I could Tell you the Future!

(have a buddy that just moved to sidney - i don't know that kinda stuff off the top of my head!)

7. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

how do you get your facebook account on the asop rom? it dosen't even give me that option

8. andygu3

Download facebook from the market

9. huffman6977

I did now every time I reboot my fb contacts go away. I have to go into the fb settings to reinable them

10. DonB

I would post in the XDA forum as ask the developer, might find a quicker solution for FB issue

11. andygu3

Did you set up facebook in accounts & sync in menu, settings?

12. huffman6977

yea they default to "don't sync" after reboot

13. andygu3

Have you tried setting up the FB widget?

14. huffman6977

solved my problem. all i had to do was keep the fb app on my phone instead of moving it to the sd card. weird cause on cm6 i have it on my card an never had this problem. oh well its fixed and i love asop faaaaaaaassssssssssttttttttttt

andygu3 likes this.
  15. LBPHeretic

I appreciate the answers and useful informationfrom from andygu3 and DonB. Thanks, guys.

Does anyone else have any other perspectives to offer on what I originally asked? This thread looks like it got hijacked for Facebook issues.

16. MahaloCat

Hectic - If you want bare bones Speed - go with AOSP - it is Crazy fast on the hero -

If you want to customize to a sense look and load up with games and other apps - go CM6.

you should just flash both and play around and see which one you like better.

17. LBPHeretic

Haha! You called me Hectic. That made my day. It actually describes how my life really is sometimes. :D

But, I digress. Thanks for the input, MahaloCat! :)

18. DonB

We are here if you need anything, as always each ROM work different for each people, now I am having issues with AOSP on, Gmails not showing up, LED staying green on not fully charge phone, and not able to make a 3 way calls, I may go back to CM6 to see if it is more stable, some have my issues, and some don't, some have no issues at all, it is a hit or miss, each phone seems to have a mind of it's own

19. MahaloCat

Don - I IM'd you about the issues. g-mail is a sync issue - Just needs a toggle.
    LED Goes Green on all Froyo Roms at 90%

20. DonB

Got it, now I will look for a sync toggle for the homescreen, LOL

21. MahaloCat

Go to settings Sync - turn of and on Background data - then do the same for sync -
    THEN - auto sync your gmail.....
    WHEW

22. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member

Sorry to butt in...but what are you talking about with sync? I have had numerous sync issues on other roms and would love to know what you are talking about so I will know what to do if it happens.

Thanks!

23. MahaloCat

HAHA.....G-mail - It doesn't Autopush sometimes - you have to give it a little nudge

24. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member

Can you throw me a link to AOSP 2.2?

25. MahaloCat

jeffreynothing43 likes this.