AOSP from GA10

Last Updated:

1. jaman29

jaman29 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Kinda new to this phone. I'm curious how I would go to CM10 from GA10. Somebody told me I would have to odin back to stock or something. Can anyone explain the steps? Thanks:)

Advertisement
  2. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Do you have the ga 10 repack recovery on your phone?

If the answer is yes you won't need the computer Odin. And I can walk you through it.

If the answer is no you will have to use Odin or mobile Odin. But you don't necessarily have to go back to stock ROM either way. You could flash or Odin the proper recovery kernel then flash cm10

Answer my questions and await my reply before doing anything
  3. jaman29

I believe I do.
  4. jaman29

OK well I don't know. I am kinda lost. I downloaded the wild for the night ROM because I could not find a link to the stable cm10 for the epic 4g touch. If you can help me with the steps that would be great:)
  5. SelfElevated2

Boot into recovery then come back and tell me if it says agat or if its stock recovery

Dont flash anything yet

U need to download fl24 modem to your SD either way.so do that now too.
  6. jaman29

It says AGAt. Another question I have is every time I flash something it says "ROM may disable stock recovery. Continue? Yes or no." Regardless of what I press, yes OR no, it always stays with AGAT. Nothing changes. So I guess that's not a big deal.
  7. SelfElevated2

If u were on cm10 then all the files should still be on your SD card for it.. ROM and gapps

Check and make sure they are there...

Tell me when you have a
    Aosp ROM and gapps and the fl24 modem on your phone

Then I'll tell u the next step...

Good news. Since you have agat u Dont need to odin
  8. jaman29

Do I need to have the fl24 modem? Do you have a link to it?
  9. SelfElevated2

You can get all that stuff from my one stop shop thread in the all things root section where this post actually should have been...

But I will get it for u this time...

And yes u need any non tw jb modem as it explains in my guide the jb tw modems Dont work on aosp jb ROMs and none of the other modems work on tw jb. U won't have any data
  10. jaman29

OK thank you
  11. jaman29

OK. I gotta go to a mandatory work meeting. They just called. I will be free at 3:30. I have downloaded everything and if you are online later, I will definitely follow your steps. Thank you:)
  12. SelfElevated2

No problem your welcome. I'll turn on notifications for this thread... Just post when your ready
  13. jaman29

Ok I'm on a quick break. I have everything downloaded and will be ready to go at about 3:30. On question: I found the wild for the night cm10.1 Rom, but I would much rather have the more stable cm10 rom, not 10.1. I searched everywhere, but I must have skimmed over it. Do you have a link to that Rom as well? I will download it and have it ready.
  14. SelfElevated2

jaman29 likes this.
  15. jaman29

Ok thank you. I'm going to make that a favorite so I can always go to it. Ok, so downloading now. And I downloaded the modem as well. As soon as I am done with this meeting I will post in the thread and see if you're around:)
  16. SelfElevated2

- http://db.tt/Sft8LyXO

When u are ready to flash the rom and you have all the files on your SD card for sure...flash this kernel
    Don't try to boot the phone after flashing this as its a jb aosp kernel it just won't boot. Only reboot recovery! Then wipe data and both caches. Then flash ROM and gapps and fl24 modem and now u can boot the phone...

Follow those directions and you'll be good:rolleyes:
  17. SelfElevated2

^^^^ that is all u need to do it. Let me known if u need more help or let me kno that everything worked out for u.
  18. jaman29

Ok got it. Thanks. So, if I want to go back to GA10 after CM can I just wipe everything and restore a backup or is there another process?
  19. SelfElevated2

Yeah but you have Odin or mobile Odin the agat recovery you made it in. Then boot into that recovery and restore it...

L basically you have to restore nandroids from the recovery they were made in:cool:
  20. jaman29

Ok flashing now:) I'll let you know how it goes:)
  21. SelfElevated2

22. jaman29

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for the help!! Im loving cm10 and 10.1:)
  23. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Cool, glad to see you are up and running.
  24. SelfElevated2

That's what I like to hear