AP Flashboot Flash Mode(s)(Flash Failure)

1. James Sell

James Sell Member

Every time I start my Droid3 I get the AP Flashboot Flash Mode (Flash Failure) screen. Turn it off, Power+M gets me to Boot Mode Selection Menu and Normal Powerup which then gets my phone working. Is there anything I can do to repair and have it boot normally? System version is 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US. Thanks.:eek:

Advertisement
    :
  2. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

Did you install a leaked .zip file through Android recovery before? It seems so and that may be why flashing with AP Fastboot has failed. Some of those leaks don't let you go backwards, but some do, and I can't remember which it is. I wonder if flashing one of the newest leaks through stock recovery would fix it?
    James Sell likes this.
  3. James Sell

James Sell Member

You are correct, IN PART. I rooted with Pete'sMotorolaRootTool, unrooted with it, rerooted with it and when unrooting the 3rd or 4th time. Last unroot, the first step worked OK and then it stalled on the second step, going into a bootloop. Tried many things, but could not get the "unbrickers" to work. (They wouldn't move the file from the computer to the phone). So I found the 906update.zip file, placed it on my SD card, and updated my phone. Cured bootloop. Phone works fine but I have the FLASHER problem. Don't know how to fix my flasher. Any help will be appreciated.