Aperture Science 360 Mod

Last Updated:

1. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. This is my very first 360 mod and originally I was just going to do a normal square-like window cutout. Then I decided to do this instead. Below you will find some pictures of my work in progress, the last being my final hand sanding. I think it is about ready for paint, and am torn between colors. Originally I was thinking black, but then I have some concerns about the faceplate and painting it. I also thought about maybe doing it in a silver like color. In addition, I was toying around with the idea of putting a red bloody hand print on the case as well, to complete the Aperture Science (Portal) look. Anyways, any input, feedback, comments, advice, etc are welcome :)

Oh, I guess I should also mention that I did a ROL mod (messed it up but will be fixing it) and plan on putting blue LEDs in the case.

Lastly, I don't think posting this is against any forum rules, but if so, mods please feel free to remove it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. kcmop8ntballa

kcmop8ntballa Member

Thats pretty sweet. Heres mine. I would have never had the patience to do the aperture science symbol
    [​IMG]

3. ccapasso

Here is an update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this will be spray painted on the back (if all goes well):

[​IMG]

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

The cake is a lie!

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

That's awesome :D

6. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Man, you got some creativity going on there.

I'm ashamed with having the MW2 version of x360 now. If I both the skills and knowledge, I might have made a alien version of my 360, but I don't have neither so will just enjoy your modding skills rather.

Really, lush work mate!

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

The first picture with the rough cut outs on it, as soon as I saw that scrolling down, the only thing going through my mind was, "OH GOD!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!!!?". Then I saw the refining of it the further down I went. It's still a little rough, I'd take a dremel and slowly work all the cut outs smoother to a more uniform shape.

8. ccapasso

Filled in the logo on the back of the case the other day and sanded it down today. Here are some pics of the fill:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Nice! I'd never do that to my 360 though.

10. ccapasso

Thanks. The warranty on it was over a while ago and it got the RROD, which I repaired myself. Figured, why not do something fun with it now :).

11. ccapasso

It is such a nice day out (and the baby is sleeping :)) that I was able to do some work. Here are some pics of the progress. These were taken right after the paint was applied (one of them was taken with my phone, rest with an actual camera :)). I think the fill turned out nicely. And, I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave the cutout side unfilled as I think it looks pretty ok as is :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ccapasso

Well, I think I am coming down the home stretch here. Today, I cut out my stencil for the cake that I will be spray painting on and am adding the last coats of clear coat to the rest. Here are some pictures from today:

Stencil:
    [​IMG]

360 With Stencil ready to paint:
    [​IMG]