• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apex home replacement issue?

alpha2k

Android Expert
Nov 19, 2009
Info: I am on a ZTE Warp Sequent phone.

I was using apex home and found an interesting issue perhaps.
Every now and then I checked and saw my wifi was turned on, so when I first noticed it I turned it off and was somewhat puzzled. After a little while longer I noticed it was on again, so I checked in settings and sure enough it was on. Scratching my head in puzzlement again I turned it off and decided to keep an eye on it. I went most the day like this, of it turning back on, after I had turned it off.

I figured it was an app of sorts, so I decided to just start with apex. so I went to the stock home, and uninstalled apex. For the last 2 hrs I haven't had any issues, of wifi turning itself on randomly so that brings me to my questions.

1: Has anyone using apex launcher had any such issues, or knows of/heard of any such issues?
2: If so is there a possible setting within apex that does the wifi thing and perhaps I can toggle or turn it off?

I have to assume it is or was apex somehow doing it, because I haven't had any issues so far on stock.

Last question is, does anyone have any suggestions as to what replacement that is similar to holo, or apex as I have only used those and go launcher which I ditched because it was having some weird issues, so I'm looking for something similar to holo or apex in setup and such. I see alot of them are similar just wanted some suggestions.

I gave apex a try some odd 2 months ago coming from go launcher as I've heard good things about apex, but I experienced what you did with the wifi and caused me to ditch it and go back to go launcher. Have you tried most recent version of go? Haven't experienced any hiccups with latest version and I would have with past versions.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
Greetings Alpha,

I have used Apex for about a month or so, and don't remember running into this issue myself.

You might want to give Nova a shot. I picked it up during the quarter sale last week. It has a lot of the same features as Apex, as well a few of its own.

I used Go launcher for the longest time, but the later versions of it began to get more bloated and add riddled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones