APEX TO TRAQUIL 3 help needed

Last Updated:

1. mjd515

mjd515 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok i have looked around a bit and asked some questions and really didnt get an answer to meat my particular needs, i have apex running on my dx and i would like to move to tranquil 3.0 now i was wondering if i just did the install instructions like p3 says would i be ok or do i need to sbf to 2.2 clean( i dont have a nandroid nor do i know how to make one) any help on this would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance,
    mack

Advertisement
  2. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

If I understand everything correctly, you need to SBF, root, bootstrap, install from sd.

You can't run Tranq3.0 over anything but a stock 2.2.

If I'm wrong, somebody correct me.

3. mjd515

ok so i have the tbh app on my phone i dled the latest froyo update they have is that the same as sbf? or will it be a .zip which in that case could i just flash that with bootstrap?

4. C0n57an71n3

SBF is completely back to stock. You need RSDlite and the SBF file, along with a Windows PC. There are links around here for the exact process.

BEFORE YOU SBF MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP USING CLOCKWORK.

After the backup, SBF.

Then root.

Then download the Droid X Bootstrapper.

Then install from SD card (the .zip you downloaded).

5. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

i'm wondering why there is all this talk of .sbf to go to TranQ. did i miss something?
    i went from apex to tranq, and i just installed the zip. no wipe, so sbf, nothin. just installed it. everything seems to be running fine.

6. C0n57an71n3

I got it from this post "If you are running an AOSP rom it won't work. I had to nandroid back to a 2.3.15 clean that I had and then install. I ran into my Facebook contacts not being in my contacts anymore... weird. So I nandroid back to my 2.3.8 Tranq that I had."

What process did you use?? I'm interested in trying it.

EDIT: I went ahead and installed right over ApeX then did a factory reset. I must say I'm...unimpressed. I like some of the features, like the toolbox, but ApeX is still what will be running on my phone.

7. milan616

milan616 Member

ApeX is AOSP-like, but not completely. They even say it has a touch of Blur in it. Fission would be an AOSP rom.

8. C0n57an71n3

I didn't see any differences between Fission and ApeX, other than my Clockwork started freaking out.

9. mjd515

ok so im going to just install over apex? thanks for making my life easier :)