APK Backup

Last Updated:

1. rwrife

rwrife Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody have a backup of the APK files on the stock rom? I got a little too aggressive in removing bloatware and now my home button doesn't work.

Advertisement
  2. rwrife

Found a rom dump on mediafire.....I did find out that if you try and skip (or just remove) the initial android setup process all of the "hard" keys except for the back key are disabled.

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Did you remove the files or just rename them?

It's been mentioned that you should rename the files, so you can recover them easier. Also, whatever you do, don't perform a Factory Reset, or you will brick your phone. The Factory Reset will not restore your files.

4. rwrife

I removed them and did a factory reset, which didn't technically break anything except I was able to skip the initial android setup (since it was gone), however I noticed flakiness all over the place, plus the hard keys didn't work. After restoring some of the files and doing another hard reset, everything seems to be working pretty good....de-Binged, de-vzw'd & lag removed. I'll probably avoid any more modifications until a stock restore is available.