• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help .apk file install

nyproud

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
OKC
nOObie questions of the day: I have learned to root my I897 Cap, and install .zip themes, etc. but how/where does one install .apk files Many .apk files I would like to use...but clueless :thinking:

Secondly...have seen many screen shots of member's Cap... home screens, menus, etc. How does one get a screen shot of their Cap, and then post it on the forum?

Would appreciate any assistance, links you gentlemen can provide, with many thanks...Chuck

Welcome to the forum. :) The Captivate FAQ (which is mentioned as a sticky, as well as in numerous threads and signatures) is always a good place to start:

Sideloading - CapFAQ

Thank you for the help and link, however, the other question I need assistance with is...How does one acquire a screen shot of his phone's different screens (?), and then post that screen (capture?) on a forum?
Thank you in advance for your patience...Chuck

Upvote 0
Thank you for the help and link, however, the other question I need assistance with is...How does one acquire a screen shot of his phone's different screens (?)

This is a popular capture App:
ShootMe (Screen Grabber) - Android app on AppBrain

As for posting it, you need to upload the captured image to a web based photo site like photobucket, flicker, etc, and then use the post image icon at the top of the posting screen to link to that image's URL ...

Upvote 0
Thank you for the help and link, however, the other question I need assistance with is...How does one acquire a screen shot of his phone's different screens (?), and then post that screen (capture?) on a forum?
Thank you in advance for your patience...Chuck

Once again, same site I sent you before:

Taking screenshots - CapFAQ

You should actually check the site out. ;) Many questions that get posted repeatedly here on the forums are already answered there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones