[APK's] Droid X Themed ADW.Launcher & LauncherProTips

Last Updated:

1. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I replaced a lot of the .png's in Ander Webb's ADW.Launcher and resigned it, so it is installable. It should look a lot more like the stock Blur launcher, but with much better performance :D

Be sure to support Ander Webb if you like the launcher!

File is attached to the bottom of this post

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YouTube video on ADW.Launcher

Installation Instructions

-Download the .apk
    -Uninstall ADW.Launcher if you already have it installed (backup settings and home screens!)
    -Allow 'Unknown Sources' in Settings -> Applications
    -Use the app Files, navigate to where you downloaded the file, click it
    -Install using application manager

Other

-If you're having issues installing, make sure the extension is .apk, not .apk.zip
    -Be sure to hide LAB, RAB, and all Apps backgrounds in UI settings, or it'll be ugly :D

ENJOY!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    Z3US, caspar.chan, haticK and 5 others like this.
  2. Fabolous

Version v0.7.1.0 is now available and themed. If you like this launcher, please support Federico Carnales by purchasing a plus unlock code, which will work with this themed version.

Enjoy!

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YouTube video on LauncherPro Beta

Installation Instructions

-See above :D
    -com.fede.launcher.apk is version 0.7.1.0
    -version 0.7.1.1 is now available (8/2)

File is attached below

Attached Files:

3. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, I had your last release of the Launcherpro installed as well.

4. pyro786

pyro786 Member

Awesome! I was using your Droid X Launcher Pro theme and was about to uninstall so I could get the Launcher Pro upgrade, but now I don't need to! My phone thanks you.

5. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Quick stupid question. I had previously installed both LP and ADW and assigned LP as my default. How can I go about switching between the two now that I no longer get an option when I hit the home button (putting it back the way it was without dling home switcher)?

6. Fabolous

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications ->LauncherPro -> Clear Defaults

Theibault likes this.
  7. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member

How different is this version of LauncherPro than the one I just purchased? Is there a considerable performance difference. Thanks.

8. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

OK you where is the 3d bar code so I can scan it right to my phone? :D

9. sweetbaboo

sweetbaboo Active Member

what is that clock/weather widget on the home screen?

10. Gamble

Gamble Well-Known Member

I am wondering the same thing, as I just recently purchased Launcher Pro Plus. I'm hoping that there's a way we can upgrade to yours, but still have the LauncherPro widgets option when we long press the home screen.

*EDIT* I just saw the LauncherPro widgets option in the image previews that you linked, so I assume it will still work.

11. cashmonkey

cashmonkey Active Member

Can you put it on media fire or mega upload? The file won't open in the droid x browser

12. jweber

jweber Active Member

I would like to know as well, I have Fancy Widget (thankfully I have a backup .apk from before they removed it from the market)clock which is really nice, but I think I like yours better.

13. mlc331

mlc331 Well-Known Member

I had read a little bit about Launcher Pro and LP Plus. I came from the incredible and love the Sense UI. That said, I now have the X and after my reading, I was thinking about getting Launcher Pro Plus. My assumption was that it would look nicer (similar to the Sense UI) and run smoother. Now the APK's Droid X themed ADW thingy is out... Now I feel that I'm WAY over my head.

I know that I sound like a dumb Arse... but can someone explain exactly what I should download, install and run? Also, why should I do it and what will it give me.

Sorry to be such a simpleton.

HELP :eek:

14. cashmonkey

cashmonkey Active Member

15. Fabolous

LauncherPro+ is a way of supporting the developer of LP, Federico Carnales, who's been developing LP for free for the last few months. He's done very good work and is deserving of our support.

That being said, it's a paid app, so I cannot distribute a themed version of it. All I can do is theme the free version.

Both of these launchers that I posted are "Sense UI - like", meaning they scroll smoother than the default, can pinch to preview all screens, etc.

It's really up to personal preference which one to choose. I swore by LP religiously, but since yesterday, I've been using ADW. I find that it scrolls faster, even with the same amount of widgets, and the pinch to preview drops fewer frames than LP.

If you can't make a decision, try both and keep the one you like better. These are just apps, so you can delete them anytime.

That would be Beautiful Widgets, with the airportone skin and ANDRODena weather pack.

The app is like $2, and the skins are all free.

Sorry, these are custom versions of market apps, but not on the market. There's no barcode since this thread is the only place to download them from :D

There is no performance difference between this LP and the market version. The changes are strictly cosmetic. I put these up for people who wanted a version that blends in with the rest of the Droid X UI a little bit better.

The latest version of LauncherPro Beta has the Plus widgets icon, but will not allow you to place them. Just prompts you to purchase it.

Mr_Alexander, Mays24 and Gamble like this.
  16. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

So those of us rocking the Plus version are better off keeping it than upgrading to the version you posted?

17. Fabolous

Depends...do you use the people widget?

If not, would you rather have the X images?

I bought the plus version to support Fede, but I don't use the people widget at all. Otherwise, for now, there is no other difference between plus and the market version.

Gamble likes this.
  18. humungus

humungus Well-Known Member

First, thanks for these; they're great. For some reason I really like the X's app drawer icon and really dislike LP's default icon (which is the Android default if I'm not mistaken).

I experimented with ADW, but couldn't figure out how to get 5 icons on the dock. Is this possible?

Lastly, thanks again for these.

19. I_Get_Busy

I_Get_Busy Active Member

it says no application found to install file when i download the .apk am i doing something wrong?? =/

20. Gamble

Gamble Well-Known Member

I use the people widget a little bit, I guess I could do without it. Personally, the reason that I may keep Launcher Pro Plus is to check out the upcoming widgets that will be released.

I am going to use Fabo's updated ADW Launcher, especially since he has switched to it over Launcher Pro for now. I'll probably switch between Fabo's tweaked ADW and Launcher Pro Plus to keep things interesting hehe.

21. Fabolous

You're welcome!

ADW has the two customizable shortcuts to the left and right of the app drawer, but you can tap and hold the app drawer icon and slide it up, revealing another, infinite dock underneath.

That one can be a hassle to customize, since you need to open the app drawer, slide up the dock, then drop icons into it, but it's very useful, since you can put as many shortcuts there as you'd like.

Are you using the Files app to navigate to the downloads folder?

Are you sure it's a .apk file and not .apk.zip?

22. I_Get_Busy

I_Get_Busy Active Member

thanks fab!!! i got it now!! i wasnt using the file app..stupid me ;)

23. VDubBugMan53

VDubBugMan53 Well-Known Member

few things i can not iron out. how did you get your news widget to look so clean mine looks weird on this UI and my clock is the same as yours both weather and clock skins and i get some funky lines through my clock numbers

edit im using the APK UI

24. Gamble

Gamble Well-Known Member

Are you really seeing better performance with ADW over LP? I am going back and forth, and for me it seems that LPP is smoother and faster.

25. Fabolous

I'm fairly certain, though I don't have both installed, so that could be why my ADW is running smoother.

I also completely cleared my Blur launcher of any icons or widgets.

What are your settings in ADW? I might make another video with some suggested settings for ADW, since this setup is so smooth right now.