Apk's in download folder

Last Updated:

1. EAK128

EAK128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I noticed today that the updates I make from the market to my apps are apparently showing up in my download folder for some reason as apk files, is this a 2.2 thing or Sapphire 1.0 thing? Anyone else getting something like this?

Advertisement
  2. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing as well. Not exactly sure what they are. I just ended up deleting them and have not seen any ill effects.

3. EAK128

I deleted them too and everything is as it should be. They are definitely apk files of the apps that I updated from the market. Just not sure why they would show up there. Thanks for the confirmation that I wasn't the only one getting this.

4. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure those are there for backups. Every time I install a new rom, the market automatically restores all the apps I had before, even after wiping data and cache. I never backup any apps because of this.

5. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

Yeah that's definitely not what they are there for. They are some kind of cache for the apps. They are not there for backups. The market automatically restores all our apps because they are backed up with Google servers. Next time you flash a new ROM, check out whats check marked after you sign into your Google account.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Those only show up on my DROID when an app gets hung up downloading or does not install successfully. I just delete them ... no problem.

7. EAK128

You hit the nail on the head there messenger13. Thanks.