1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Aplication for wifi 3G

Last Updated:

1. kneipp

kneipp New Member This Topic's Starter

good night everyone.

Im trying to find an application thats enable / disable / only use my 3G or Wifi on my motorola milestone.

Anyone got the app name>

Thx

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Do you want an application to simply switch between 3G and WiFi? Are you always in 3G coverage, because if not, then there is no application to make the phone work in 3G.

I will move this to the Applications forum.

3. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

There's a switch for wifi built in, and several apps in the market to switch the APN (3G access) on and off - I use APN OnOff (first one I tried!) but there are lots of others that I'm sure work just as well.

4. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

APNdroid works good, especially for me since my carrier has no 2G (shocking isn't it!?), all APNdroid does is adds "apnandroid" at the end of the APN address and removes it when you turn it back on. I use this alongside 3G Watchdog, when I reach a specific % of the monthly cap it runs APNdroid to prevent any further data usage.

As for wifi, Android should automatically switch itself to wifi when it's being used even if your phone shows "3G" in the status bar, so check the network section to ensure that's enabled.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

^This. You can use the Power Control Widget (included with Android) to toggle WiFi.