apn settings won't saveSupport

Last Updated:

1. v1nsai

v1nsai Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've entered APN settings 3 or 4 times on this unlocked G1 I just got from ebay. Whenever I finish I always select menu > save settings but when it goes back to the apn screen there are no APN's saved. I even tried resetting to defaults (which should have brought all the T-Mobile ones back) but not even that worked, its still just blank.

I'm trying to get it on AT&T in US by the way. Anyone seen this before?

Advertisement
  2. v1nsai

v1nsai Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I realized that the phone wasn't recognizing my sim card, so looks like I got bigger problems. if anyone else has this, make sure the phone even sees your card -_-

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

3. freesilver

freesilver New Member

A very simple solution may that your SIM card is not installed properly. It happened to me. And several hours of looking at forums, calling Straight Talk (my new provider), HTC, and T-Mobile; none provided any helpful assistance at all.

I you are having trouble saving a new APN. The symptom is when you create a new APN, all the data fields can be filled out, and when you click SAVE, the screen goes black and the new APN is not saved.

The SIM card's notch when inserted correctly will be visible (NOT inserted first, notch ), I assume this is the same for all SIM cards but in my instance I was using the Straight Talk SIM for t-Mobile.

Hope this helps. It's working great now.