• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

APN, Tethering, MMS issues on MetroPCS Galaxy s5

TRS-80

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2010
Eastern US
www.fsf.org
Hi guys,

I have been going around and around with this issue for weeks. :( Finally, I have decided to throw in the towel and seek assistance.

I cannot seem to get tethering AND MMS to work at the same time. Tethering, I finally got to work by changing to (in addition to many other things) ipv6 on the APN on the AP (the tethering phone, my s5). But then I cannot send MMS. I have tried several different APN settings, all to no avail.

I was just curious, has anyone been able to get this working?

Hi guys,

I have been going around and around with this issue for weeks. :( Finally, I have decided to throw in the towel and seek assistance.

I cannot seem to get tethering AND MMS to work at the same time. Tethering, I finally got to work by changing to (in addition to many other things) ipv6 on the APN on the AP (the tethering phone, my s5). But then I cannot send MMS. I have tried several different APN settings, all to no avail.

I was just curious, has anyone been able to get this working?

Have you tried the T-Mobile APN?

the settings are
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

These are the only settings that don't have "unspecified" "none" or "not set"
I tether as well and these settings work perfectly for me. MMS works just fine, too. They didn't before when I tried this, but I recently tried it out tinkering with my phone one night and they perform much better than the fast.metropcs.com APN I used before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones