• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apollo 5800 USB Connection issues

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing issues connecting my phone to my computer lately. I used to operate on Mac, and was able to access my phone as a USB storage device. I also used it for tethering, and that worked fine as well.

However, at a certain point, tethering didn't work any longer. I switched to a PC again, and I can't get my phone to connect to Kies. Even worse, I can't access my phone entirely. I operate on Windows 7, and it shows up between Devices and Printers when I connect it via USB. But that's as far as it goes. It doesn't show in My Computer, so I can't copy/paste any songs, pictures, videos, audio recordings, ...

I am a bit reluctant to reset to factory settings, as this would mean I'd lose al my text messages (some of which are very dear to me - quite stupid perhaps). It would also mean losing all my data (pictures, music, video, ...). I could avoid this by transferring them to my PC trough a Bluetooth connection, but you hopefully understand that this is a very tedious procedure.

Are there any alternatives?

Thank you!

I don't know if you still have this problem, but I had it too... I found this and it worked for me:
1 Unplug the USB cable
2 On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.
3 Plug the USB cable.

:D
(source: usb connection mode - Samsung Galaxy 3(GT-i5801) is not being detecting in my PC - Android - Stack Exchange)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones