• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apologies If It's Already Been Answered

JohnnyBravo1000

Android Expert
Jun 3, 2010
Luton
What's happened to this site?

It was down yesterday when I tried to access it. However, it seems the majority, if not all, posts since Friday seem to have disappeared! :D

Eg. I can recall Snowmobile and myself discussing the BBC News app in the Apps Section, but there is no trace of the conversation!

I also made a thread about the screen and buttons lighting up in a certain order, and that seems to have gone as well! :D

Yea the forum buggered up yesterday, and the thread discussing the fact the forum had buggered up appears to have buggered off in the commotion. :p Was down pretty well all day, probably thousands of posts have vanished into thin air, and everyone is keeping very quiet about it! Pretty unimpressed there isn't some form of announcement on the phandroid website.

Upvote 0
Yea the forum buggered up yesterday, and the thread discussing the fact the forum had buggered up appears to have buggered off in the commotion. :p Was down pretty well all day, probably thousands of posts have vanished into thin air, and everyone is keeping very quiet about it! Pretty unimpressed there isn't some form of announcement on the phandroid website.

I'm glad I wasn't dreaming or imagining it! I thought I was cracking up for a moment! :D

Like yourself, I was looking around for some kind of an announcement, but could not find one - hence the apology in advance in this thread! :D

At least this thread should answer it for the Desire owners amongst us! :D

Upvote 0
Seriously though, it's pretty bad that nobody official has posted even to confirm they know about the problem. Not referring to the Mods here, not a lot they can do, but to the forum admins. The forum was down for as near as makes no difference a day, loads of posts vanished, and there are a couple of threads in this section that won't bugger off as it says their last post was made at 8ish this evening. Which happens to be in the future. They were actually made at 8ish yesterday evening as I saw them go up.

Upvote 0
I searched for a thread like that, but because nobody could be bothered to add keywords to it by the looks of things, searching for 'forum' 'forum down' etc didn't bring it up. Which limits its usefulness rather as a thread. And considering the entire forum was offline, a post on phandroid would have been a much more intelligent idea, since you can't really read it if the forum dies, can you? :rolleyes: But at least an attempt was made.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones