• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App] Active Apps

elnoxvie

Lurker
Mar 13, 2011
Active apps is replacement for Samsung task manager / Program monitor that comes with TouchWiz Launcher.

A short explanation of how it works.

Active Apps is an application that monitor active apps / applications that have tasks running. it's important to monitor active apps because most of the time they are applications that we didn't close properly thus, they are still running in the background and hence consuming battery and affecting performance. However, there are no stock applications to tell what is running (not merely showing what is in memory) and for this reason, Active apps can help in monitoring what applications are running in the background and showing you the CPU utilization so you can make a necessary decision.

What are active apps?
Those are applications that have tasks running in background. since they have tasks running, they will consume CPU and hence affecting performance and battery life.

Why not task killer?
Task killer lists all programs residing in memory not the running app. It doesn't provide a pointer as to which is necessary to kill and confuse users with so many apps showing. a normal question will ask on Task Killer, i didn't open this program why does it show as running?

Screen Shots:
Promo-Apps.png

potraitActiveApps.png

Here is a nice program to do that even though it's ads supported it provides no less functionality than the full app:
here
chart

If you like the ads supported version you can get the full version here which has much more features.
here
chart

looks great, but is there a reason that the ad version is flagged for 2.2 when the paid one is 2.1?
I would love to try this out on my fascinate to use with other launchers. this app is the only thing that is making me hold onto touchwiz.

JesseCoffey, I understand the feeling. i did the port because i wanted this on other launchers.

But of course, it's limited to the original. It has far more features rather than the original.

Try the free version. It has all the basic functionality that you need.

About the Version, It was initially put as 2.2 but then changed to 2.1 so that people with Android 2.1 can start using too. However, It will still works for android 2.0 and above.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Do you have a direct link to the .apk? It will not let me download because my phone is not running 2.2 so it does not show it on the market at all.

I have tried it on other phones and love it. I am a verizon sales rep and it is on my "must have" app list, I have already installed it on about half a dozen customer phones.

Thanks for a great app.

Edit: Screw it, I just bought the paid version. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm way too noobish to figure all that out lol. I'll wait patiently for some themes and an easy way to switch between them. If i figure out how to change the theme, I'll still be lost on actually designing an image to look right. I'll leave it up to the pros such as yourself and keep an eye out for an update:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones