• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App Advice Please

Daniel40

Jun 10, 2010
Hi, does anybody know why my apps are taking ages to download. Even if I select the simplest of apps to install, it goes to "starting download" and I get the little blue timer bar. They used to download almost instantly, or maybe a minute or two, but now I just leave them overnight and they seem to have installed by the morning ? - This is when I am connected to either my wi-fi at home or a roaming network ? - any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys (or gals)

There is an ongoing problem at the moment with the market (not an X10 prob) and the solution/work around seems to be clearing data and cache from all google apps in settings applications manage applications. Then create a new google account and it all works again.

Have a quick look at this Downloading from market - xda-developers and also the thread on here 'Market doing my nut in'

Let the peeps know how you get on!

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the reply - sorry, can I check one thing (techno idiot here !) when you say create a new google account, does that mean doing away with my existing Google email address, and creating a new one. If so, thats a real pain. I have the email address I want and no doubt when I create a new one, I wont be able to re-use the old one again ?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones