Support App Advice Please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daniel40, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Daniel40

Daniel40 Active Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Hi, does anybody know why my apps are taking ages to download. Even if I select the simplest of apps to install, it goes to "starting download" and I get the little blue timer bar. They used to download almost instantly, or maybe a minute or two, but now I just leave them overnight and they seem to have installed by the morning ? - This is when I am connected to either my wi-fi at home or a roaming network ? - any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys (or gals)

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    There is an ongoing problem at the moment with the market (not an X10 prob) and the solution/work around seems to be clearing data and cache from all google apps in settings applications manage applications. Then create a new google account and it all works again.

Have a quick look at this Downloading from market - xda-developers and also the thread on here 'Market doing my nut in'

Let the peeps know how you get on!

3. Daniel40

Daniel40 Active Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Hi, thanks for the reply - sorry, can I check one thing (techno idiot here !) when you say create a new google account, does that mean doing away with my existing Google email address, and creating a new one. If so, thats a real pain. I have the email address I want and no doubt when I create a new one, I wont be able to re-use the old one again ?

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
  5. paulus3476

paulus3476 Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    clearing cache definately worth a try ,but a new google account - no way - what about all you're paid apps that are linked to you're google account ?